Job Description:The Systems Engineer supports the development of system capabilities from the identification of requirements through the deployment of capabilities through the requirements definition, designs, and develops system-oriented products and prepares related installation, testing, operation, and maintenance specifications and instructions. Defines and analyzes architecture to establish operating conditions, conducts tests, define and analyze engineering proposals and related technical data to determine feasibility of developing new capabilities and/or modifying existing capabilities. The Systems Engineer is cognizant of Systems Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) processes and practices, Change Management practices, and collaborates with various Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), Project Teams, and Government entities.
- Manage multiple projects of variable size.
- Define, plan and manage work packages (WP). Includes defining task, WP duration, WP sequencing, critical path analysis, resource assignment, and input to the Integrated master Schedule (IMS).
- Establish common processes across tasks, including configuration management (CM), risk management, quality assurance (QA), etc.
- Perform team leader functions.
- Analyze user requirements, CONOPS and high-level system architectures to derive, develop and decompose system-level specifications and features/user stories.
- Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the system is compatible with defined architecture, and meets customer needs.
- Conduct trade studies, to determine possible system (hardware, software, architecture) improvements.
- Plan and/or support enhancement projects and large system upgrades through requirements definition, implementation, development, operations, performance, testing, cost and schedule, training and support, and/or system disposal.
- Develop technical documentation, including CONOPS, user guides, test plans, and other CDRL items.
- Perform deployment services, including site surveys and site installation and test.
- Perform individually and as part of a team.
- Provide input to hardware (COTS/GOTS/capacity/etc.) recommendations, including support for Technology Insertion in Government Technical Reference Model (TRM).
- Active participation in Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and program Engineering Review Boards (ERBs).
- Must have a Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility (SSBI within the last 5 years);
- U.S. Citizenship required;
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent experience;
- Must have 6 years of professional experience or 4 years with a Master’s degree or 2 years with PhD in a related discipline;
- Strong systems engineering experience required;
- Experience and/or familiarity with software and system lifecycle methodologies, (e.g ISO, CMMI, ITIL);
- Experience and/or familiarity with MS Office, including Word, Excel, Project required;
- Experience with Agile development methodology;
- Experience with requirements management tools;
- Experience with automated testing tools (e.g., RSpec, Cucumber, Selenium, etc.).
Required Education (including Major):
- DoD 8570.1 IAT Level 2 certification or the ability to obtain certification within three months of employment desired
- Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP) certification desired.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification is highly desired.
- SAFe certification (e.g., SPC, SA, Practitioner, Scrum Master, RTE) highly desired.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Information Technology or similar from an accredited University or equivalent experience.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.