What?s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We?re inspired by a noble mission that?s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer:
Whether you?re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
As a Sr. Principal Subcontract Specialist you?ll be responsible for the overall supplier partner management activities associated with strategic agreements in support of the Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) business and product areas.
In this role you?re an integral member of a cross-functional Product Sourcing Team responsible for developing, documenting and executing a strategic supply chain commodity plan. You?re responsible for fully understanding the commodity, including market conditions and key suppliers within this market and you?re the driver in setting a strategy for the products, vetting this strategy across the programs and executing the strategy. You?ll also execute strategic agreements, providing the formal communications and contractual direction required through the life of said agreements and you?ll be the focal point for supplier relationship management.
Responsibilities will include:
· Utilizing the Raytheon ESPX Seven Step process for supplier selection, agreement, and supplier management
· Performing cost and price analysis, developing negotiation strategies, and leading negotiations
· Leading the negotiation of strategic agreements with suppliers
· Strategic supplier relationship management and agreement management
· Leveraging industry capabilities to align with technology roadmap
· Ensuring compliance with all applicable legal requirements, Raytheon Company policies procedures, import/export regulations, standard procedures, work instructions, and FAR/DFAR
· Meeting Raytheon Subcontract Management certification achievement as required
· Domestic travel as may be required.
· 8+ years of experience in Procurement, Subcontracts, Contracts, Engineering, Finance, Project Management, Program Management, Supply Chain and/or Supplier Management
· Experience with Supply Chain processes and functions
· Experience working in cross-functional teams or experience with project / program management
· Thorough knowledge and experience with US Government regulations and Public Laws as they pertain to procurement
· Experience in performing cost analysis and negotiation of major subcontracts
· Experience with financial analysis and reporting
· Excellent written, presentation and oral communication skills
· Demonstrated leadership skills
· Strong team player, proven problem solver
· Program management experience
· Background in risk and opportunity management
· Experience in Statement of Work development
· Experience with Manufacturing and use of continuous improvement tools such as lean and Six Sigma
· In depth working knowledge of FAR and DFAR
· Ability to work independently.
· An existing Confidential or Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain one
· Ability to develop and execute project plans
· Master?s degree in Business
This job is posted internally as: Sr Prinicpal Subcontract Specialist
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America?s Best Employers by visiting us online at
Stay Connected: Don?t miss out on what?s happening at Raytheon.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.