This Principal Subcontract Manager will be responsible for the overall subcontract management activities associated with domestic supplier in the RF and Antennas teams. We are looking for a self-motivated, energetic problem solver who can drive success. This position is expected to manage suppliers and subcontracts in a fashion consistent with integrated supply chain models, recognizing the role and value of each participant through the acquisition life cycle from requirements generation through product delivery, product support, and payment for products and services. Activities include supplier performance, relationship management, strategic sourcing and to facilitate complex business agreements in support of the Department of Defense, Government and DCS contracts.
The idea candidate will draw from extensive program interaction and/or subcontract management experience to ensure effective subcontract execution in alignment with program objectives.
The successful applicant will:
- Manage Supplier Sourcing, Development and Performance Execution
- Support/Lead project teams through integration with key stakeholders to develop supplier sourcing strategies, including alternate sourcing and new supplier development
- Utilize project management skills and business acumen to develop Strategic Sourcing and Pricing Agreements
- Develop plans to promote cost reduction initiatives and performance improvements (technical as well as quality) to drive flawless supplier execution for RMS programs and projects.
- Perform subcontract management of high dollar purchase orders utilizing integrated supply chain models in compliance with all regulatory and corporate requirements. Primary capabilities in subcontract management such as the following will be needed:
- Preparation of all manner of solicitations, RFQs, RFPs, RFI, IDIQ, Requirements Contracts, BOAs and Teaming Agreements
- Analyze quotation/proposals utilizing price/cost analysis techniques
- Develop negotiation strategies and lead formal negotiations (Price, Delivery, Terms)
- Place Purchase Orders of high dollar levels and procurement complexity (e.g. Cost Type, Incentive and Award Fees)
- Maintain strong business relationships with first-tier subcontractors and emphasize / review second-tier supplier management through the first-tier (including requirement flow-downs)
- Perform risk analysis, and develop mitigation plans and solutions to problems utilizing ingenuity, creativity and innovation
- Work closely with Program and other functional groups (Ops, Quality, Engineering, etc.) to obtain quality, compliant hardware or services on-time while maintaining a focus on affordability
- Senior Subcontract Specialist: 6+ years? experience in supply chain management or similar role
- Principal Subcontract Specialist: 8+ year? experience in supply chain management or similar role
- Required - Bachelor?s Degree in Supply Chain, Business, or Engineering.
- Minimum of six (6) years of demonstrated increasing responsibility and complexity in role(s)
- Demonstrated strong communication and influencing skills internally and externally to their organization
- Contribution to the successful completion of a project or process which enhanced performance within an area of responsibility
- Team player with demonstrated experience in working effectively within their own organization and cross-functionally
- Demonstrated ability to develop a strategy and execute that strategy in performance of key tasks
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Adept at working with numbers
- Strong problem solving, negotiation and organizational skills
- Ability to process information and manage multiple conflicting priorities to drive to successful outcome (i.e. Multi-task)
- Strong business acumen
- Solution oriented
- Effective written, verbal and listening skills
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite skills (Word, Excel, Project)
- US Citizenship is required
- Demonstrated knowledge / compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFARS)
- Experience in written contractual authorization/vehicles (Cost Plus, Firm Fixed Price etc.)
- Ability to analyze Cost and Pricing Data and determine proposal compliance (FAR 15.4)
- Ability to successfully execute a competitive procurement including development of evaluation criteria
- Ability to find creative solutions to challenging problems
- Working knowledge of Integrated Product Development System, Earned Value and Integrated Master Planning/Scheduling.
- Formal responsibility for negotiations and demonstrated ability to lead them
- Working knowledge of Raytheon?s Supply Chain policies and procedures (or equivalent)
- Ability to understand technical requirements of procured hardware and services ? including Statement of Work (SOW) review
- Integrated Product Team (IPT) Leadership Experience
- Experience in guiding, coaching and/or training other team members
- Planning, organizing, directing and monitoring of subcontract performance
- Monitoring of critical milestones and performance progress
- Development and utilization of financial modeling
- Familiarity with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- Preferred - Master?s Degree
- Existing Secret Clearance
Security Clearance Requirements
This position requires the successful issuance, transfer or maintenance of a Secret security Clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Additional detail regarding security clearance factors can be obtained by accessing the DISCO website at
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor 121018
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.