Job ID: 443539BR
Date posted: Aug. 11, 2018
Description:Come be a part of the development of the new Hypersonic Conventional Strike Weapon (HCSW). This new air-launched weapon system will include phases progressing through design, flight test, initial production and deployment of the weapon system. Join the Lockheed Martin team and be a part of the company that has developed and flown more hypersonic vehicles than any other U.S. Company and has decades of hypersonic development and flight test experience from government contracts as well as internal investments in research and development projects.
This Mechanical Engineer Staff Position supports the Weapon System Booster Integration Team and Manager by performing requirements tasks such as creation of the WS Specification, Requirements analysis, allocation and decomposition, generation of specification trees, Level 1 and Level 2 requirements specification generation, verification planning and support to the program major reviews and associated deliverables. Specific area of focus for this position is development, qualification, and deployment of the Booster Propulsion System.
'- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline or equivalent experience/combined education, with 3 years of professional experience; or 1 year of professional experience with a related Master's Degree.
- Knowledge of Mechanical and Propulsion Engineering Principals
- Knowledge of Requirements development and management
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and teamwork with internal customers
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills
- Proficiency with standard documentation and presentation tools
- Experience with Mechanical and Propulsion Engineering
- Conceptual design and refinement for flight vehicle design
- Coordination of requirements and interface implementation with suppliers and internal customers.
- Mangement of supplier design and analysis review - review 3D-CAD model compatibility with the booster and associated technical data, review of external analyses such as trajectory performance, stuctural analyses, dynamic analyses, thermal analyses, etc. in compliance with requirements and interfaces.
- Interface Definition for Solid Boost Motor to Structures, Ordnance, Controls and Avionics Subsystems
- Updates to flight vehicle design based on results of above analyses.
Input to preliminary design report and resolution of technical issues
- Attendance at and technical assessment of supplier conceptual design reviews, preliminary design reviews, and technical interchange meetings.
- Technical review of monthly subcontractor status reports.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Mechanical Engineering
Clearance Level: Secret
Type: Task Order/IDIQ
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2