Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is seeking a highly motivated intern to support the weather programs in Omaha NE. Programs employ evolutionary concepts to provide weather forecast generation, meteorological watch, and observation management capabilities to the Air Force Weather Agency (AFWA), National Weather Service (NWS), and other government agencies. Candidate will work in a team environment to support the design, code, test and delivery of new/modified functionality. SW development is done primarily in Java using JEE or ESB architectures.
Responsibilities include the following: Participation in the full development cycle for development programs including design of software components, developing code, updating technical documents, generating test plans, ensuring code meets requirements through unit testing, and resolving discrepancy reports. Working with the technical lead, other developers, and System Engineering to participate in peer reviews and to ensure successful integration with other software components.
- Course work, training or experience in C++ or Java using Object-Oriented methodologies
- Ability to manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of tools, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to access systems that contain information restricted to US Citizens based on certain Federal Government contractual requirements
- Possess an understanding of JEE web services architecture.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- Meteorological experience would be beneficial.
- Experience in XML, Eclipse, and/or Geographic Information Systems (GIS) a plus.
- Math or Physics background also a plus.
This position can be Salary Grade ST02, Salary Grade ST03, or Salary Grade ST04 based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
- Must be currently enrolled in a BS/BA program in majoring Computer Science, or Computer Engineering.
- Must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher. Please include a copy of your transcripts.
- Candidate for a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math or Physics
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is desired . (Please upload a copy of your most recent transcript
- ST02 (TechStudent-Sophomore) – must have completed 60 hours of college credits towards degree and obtained Sophomore status as of Summer 2019
- T03 (TechStudent–Junior) – must have completed 90 hours of college credits towards degree and obtained Junior status as of Summer 2019.
- ST04 (TechStudent-Senior) – must have completed 120 hours of college credits towards degree and obtained Senior status as of Summer 2019.
We will consider candidates that are in Junior or Senior academic standing.
Work Location Information: Omaha, with a regional population around 800,000, offers a variety of cosmopolitan attractions, yet is small enough to provide a relaxed life style, which is the envy of many urban dwellers. Omaha has top ranked school systems and exceptional academic, sports, and leadership growth for children. Omaha residents enjoy low crime rates, low cost of living, and short commute communities. The strength of the community is reflected in the numerous high rankings the area has been given by the national media.
- Eleventh best city for Business and Careers (Forbes)
- Among the Top 25 Cities for “Best Educated Workforce” (Business Facilities –2005)
- One of the top 10 cities for raising a family (Parenting Magazine)
- Omaha is in top 12% of best places to live (Places Rated Almanac)
- Papillion (Omaha suburb) ranked #23 of best places to live (Money Magazine – 2005)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.