full-time employee contract
• PROPHET Field Support Analyst will provide military area with support of the dedicated PROPHET mission. The FSE will provide support to fielding, courier, training and exercise events associated with PROPHET. Field Service Analyst will effectively conduct all routine system maintenance and administrative functions within the Prophet Spiral 1, Prophet Spiral 1+ and Prophet Enhanced systems, including but not limited to, imaging hard drives, system configuration and modifications, adding or removing hardware or software items, performing systems backup and restore functions, database administration, and user access control. The Field Service Analyst will have extensive software, hardware, and network troubleshooting experience. The Field Service Analyst will able to install, maintain, and troubleshoot Windows and Linux-based operating systems and software on client and server machines.
Mandatory Skills Requirements:
• Required SEC+, and Computing Environment (CE) certification to meet IA Level II.
• Deploy, configure, and document complex Windows, Active Directory, in a Signal Intelligence environments including but not limited to engineering designs and recommendations, deployment plans, system configurations, assembly guides and operational smartbooks.
• Install, configure, and maintain server and client hardware, COMSEC devices to include an understanding of satellite communications and instance and it’s applicable database server/services.
• Install and configure Prophet systems .
• Knowledge of Prophet or other Signal Intelligence systems setup and installation
• Will have project engineering experience and familiarity with remote system administration software, networking principles. They will also have exceptional oral and written communications skills and ability to work independently, with minimum direction; creative problem solver able to quickly devise, test, and implement solutions, and a self-motivated and results-focused mindset is a must.
• Knowledge of SQL and database administration
• Install configure, and maintain Linux or Unix operating environment.
• Document all configurations, changes, and proposed changes.
• Ensure utilization of proper change management procedures regarding the installation and testing of all upgrades and enhancements for VMware infrastructure.
• Ensure proper initial installation as well as subsequent installations of updates/patches.
• Perform regular checks of system components for errors and application of necessary corrective action.
• Provide technical support to internal and external users. To include tenant POR system administrators.
• Troubleshoot problems and take corrective action on a timely and effective basis.
• Provide routine status updates to organizational leadership.
• Coordinate virtual environment infrastructure resource requirements with organizational IT resource management to ensure timely access to storage, networking, and backup/archive solution resources.
• Performs remote administration to secondary sites as assigned.
• Provides adhoc support to tenant POR server administrator.
• May be required to Work as Tier ,I II and III Support.
Other Skills Preferred:
• Ability to perform routine system maintenance and computer system administrative functions.
• Knowledge of operating systems and database management systems.
• Able to perform analysis of system operations.
• Experience in fault detection, isolation, and correction of computer systems and individual peripheral devices.
• Military experience is highly desirable. Completion of a U.S. Military Service Non Commissioned Officer (NCO) or Senior NCO Academy Course and/or Officer Basic or Advanced Course is desirable.
• Interpersonal and People Skills
• Ability to use PC
• Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure
• Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills
• Ability to use MS Office
• Understanding of DF theory.
• Experience working with Signal Intelligence
• Experience working with C4ISR systems.
• Any other DCGS-A systems administration experience.
• Experience utilizing remote access capabilities such as putty, cygwin, etc….
• Experience utilizing vClient application to access enterprise assets.
• Experience creating and managing virtual machines
• Experience performing IAVA, OS, and application patching/updates
• Experience working in a fast past multi-faceted environment preferred.
• Experience with VMware benchmark tools and capacity management applications preferred.
• Strong working knowledge of Internet networking technologies and principals including TCP/IP and DNS.
• Experience integrating with Symantec Netbackup solutions desired.
• Experience operating in a DoD Intelligence environment or other national level agency preferred.