The Advanced Concepts and Technology Mission Area in Raytheon Space & Airborne Systems, seeks a Sr. Systems Engineer II to provide technical support and expertise for the Advanced Operational Analysis team. The position will reside in the System Engineering Integration & Test Center (SEIT) within the Advanced Concept Architecture and Analysis section. This systems engineer will work amongst other Systems Engineers and will support the chief engineer, and lead systems engineer.
Job Related Activities:
- Supporting RF, EO, and/or electronic warfare studies.
- Work with leadership and/or customers to elicit objectives and requirements and resolve technical issues
- Participate in customer reviews and program technical reviews
- Ensure the consistent application of engineering best practices and all activities undertaken under your control are conducted to common standards in accordance with Raytheon's IPDS processes
- Using Raytheon 6 Sigma proactively to foster a culture of continuous process improvement
- Minimum 6 years of experience in engineering, Systems, Electrical or Software
- Experience supporting large programs with systems analysis, RF, or electro-optics engineering
- Experience working with both customer and internal resources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Deep understanding of the Systems Engineering lifecycles and demonstrable application of relevant methodologies and toolsets;
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to access to US only data systems
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
- Experience with operational analysis and modeling of system performance in realistic threat environments
- Experience with MATLAB, AFSim, C++
- Worked a design development program using Agile Framework methodology
- Skilled at anticipating problems and planning to mitigate them
- Experience with OSA (open systems architecture)
- Experience writing tech volumes, bidding, or generating basis of estimate documentation
- Experience writing white papers and responding to requests for information (RFIs)
B.S. in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or Related discipline
M.S. in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or Related discipline;
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.