The Senior Technical Support Engineer II (Technical Training Systems) is responsible for documentation of the design of major functional systems and related major components for manufacturing operations processes, field service engineering support, and end-user operations and maintenance procedures and training system materials. Primary job focus is to influence the Design for Support and Support the Design life cycle logistics engineering concepts.
The Senior Technical Support Engineer II (Technical Training Systems) will develop and deliver logistics data, provisioning data, technical data, technical publications, and training system materials for Space and Airborne Systems programs. These activities encompass the aspects of supportability engineering as they relate to Logistics, Provisioning, Technical Data Management, and Training & Training Support and include the interaction with the other Integrated Product Support domains such as Computer Resources, Design Interface, Facilities & Infrastructure, Maintenance Planning & Management, Manpower & Personnel, Packaging, Handling, Storage, & Transportation, Product Support Management, Supply Support, Support Equipment, and Sustaining Information.
The candidate will work in a team environment and will be required to interface with the customer and come to agreements for all issues related to assigned deliverables.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
The Senior Technical Support Engineer II (Technical Training Systems) will be expected to:
- Assist with proposal activities
- Perform cost estimates and EVM Performance input
- Influence Product Design for Supportability
- Coordinate Logistics, Provisioning, Technical Publications, and Training System development efforts
- Work with Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering and other related disciplines to gather and create documentation on complex electronic systems
- Support quality assurance efforts, assemble documentation for audits and ensure that documentation is compliant with appropriate regulations
- Maintain documentation standards and keep abreast of current information by associating with professional individuals or societies or by reviewing professional publications, newsletters, e-mail, and internet sites
- Interpret military specifications and plan compliant deliverable materials
- Develop technical manuals and interactive electronic technical manuals in commercial and military formats
- Perform ADDIE ISD and Front End Analysis
- Develop technical instructor led courseware, computer based training, and interactive multimedia instruction
- Assist in operator and maintenance training device design, development, procurement, manufacturing, and test
- Conduct classroom, training device, and hands-on equipment training instruction
- A minimum of 6 years writing experience in a technical field with an emphasis on logistics and technical documentation
- Experience distilling complex information into clear, concise, and accurate text
- Experience in Mil-Spec/S1000D Technical Publications development
- Experience in Mil-Spec/S1000D Technical Illustrations and Graphics development
- Experience in Mil-Spec and SCORM Technical Training Courseware development
- Experience in conducting classroom and on-equipment training instruction
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Excellent proof reading, grammatical skills, and attention to detail
- Experience in creating, editing, and maintaining internal and external support documentation, illustrations, and graphics
- Experience in creating, editing, and maintaining on-line (internet/web-based) documentation
- Experience in developing documentation for project plans and timelines
- Ability to work well with all organizational levels
- Ability to work independently and to deliver accurate materials under deadline pressures
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other groups to collect and interpret their inputs
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and train employees and provide informational assistance on an ongoing basis
- Ability to Obtain DoD Secret Security Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship
- Mil-Spec/S3000L Logistics Support Analysis data development
- Mil-Spec/S2000M Provisioning data development
- Level 4 Interactive Electronic Technical Manual experience
- Technical 3D animation development and rendering
- ADDIE ISD familiarity. Mil-Spec Front End Analysis/Training System Requirements Analysis experience
- Aircrew and Maintenance Training Device design, development, sustainment, operation, and instruction
- Live flight instruction
- Familiarity with the following tools/applications: HTML, XML, PDF, Excel, Frame Maker, Internet Explorer, PowerPoint, Visio, and Word and MS Office applications, Eagle DB, Eagle Publishing Suite.
- US and International military programs
Bachelor’s degree NOTE: In lieu of Bachelor's degree, candidate may also possess an Associate's degree with 10 years' related experience or High school Diploma with 14 years' of related experience.
MBA or MS
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.