The position is with the Electronic Subsystem Design and Manufacturing (ESDM) section in Goleta California. This section focuses on Mechanical product design, producibility, and mission assurance for ground, sea, and airborne defense. The Primary job responsibilities are to perform conceptual and detailed mechanical design of High density Electronic packaging designs and Electronic components / devices. Responsibilities include the design of electronic packaging chassis and structures, interconnects, thermal control design of high density electronic systems and electronic enclosures, adhere to design constraints of size, weight and power, design to cost. Candidate will be expected to follow established procedures in creation of technical data package, design guidelines, while working closely with program / functional supervision to ensure the overall design objectives are met. Contacts are primarily with the immediate section manager, team lead, project leaders and other personnel (peers) within the applicable program.
Job Related Activities:
- Lead and own the design, documentation, and implementation of mechanical hardware for subsystem design.
- Actively work with Program Management, Systems Engineering, and Customers to develop and manage objectives and requirements for related pursuits and projects.
- Provide oversight of subcontractors as required for the program development.
- Comply with Export/Import (EX/IM) regulations and policies and support Jurisdiction Classification Assessments (JCAs) as needed.
- Ensure the consistent application of engineering best practice and that all activities undertaken under your control are conducted to common standards in accordance with Raytheon's processes.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in mechanical engineering design and product support
- Ability to apply high level principles, theories, and concepts within the mechanical engineering field and general knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Direct experience in developing detail mechanical designs and documentation packages for RF, Electronic and/or mechanical systems
- Experience with RF and electro-mechanical program manufacturing operations and processes
- Experience in design assembly and integration of mechanical, RF electronic systems
- Experience in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance analysis for drawings
- Proficiency with PTC CREO (Pro/Engineer) modeling and analysis tools
- Experience with M/S Office Tools i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Ability to develop conceptual designs in support of new business initiatives
- Experience in developing conceptual designs in support of new business initiatives
- US Citizenship status
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain additional clearances
- Additional CAD and analysis software experience
- Working knowledge of Thermal and Structural analysis tools.
- Working knowledge of Environmental testing equipment, procedures and qualification activities
- Prior experience in Defense or Aerospace
- Existing DoD Security Clearance
- Aero analysis modeling
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline, and minimum six years of related experience.
Advanced degree in a related field
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.