Senior Radio Frequency/Communications Systems Engineer (Job Number:439318)
Job Description: SAIC is seeking a seasoned senior radio frequency or communications systems engineer and acquisition professional to provide systems engineering and technical support to the Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center, Space Superiority Systems Directorate. SMC/SY equips U.S. forces with space control systems to gain, maintain, and exploit space superiority. It directs the planning, development, testing, deployment, and sustainment of a complex and dynamic portfolio of space- superiority capabilities of the highest national priority. The position requires an individual with space control mission area experience and specific expertise in extensive experience in technical programs, technical program management, and RF or communications systems engineering of large scale space and ground systems and/or new start technical demonstration space and ground systems. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and team skills. In addition, the candidate will be expected to continually balance and adjust work priorities to meet short term work suspense and rapidly evolving customer needs. The position is based in El Segundo, CA. Qualified applicants must possess as active TS/SCI clearance.
- Perform technical support and independent risk assessment and evaluation of program management execution, technical review execution (DoD 5000.02 framework), and systems engineering.
- Assess viability from a programmatic and technical execution perspective.
- Monitor RF and signal processing design and development and provide independent assessments, recommend system improvements and efficiencies.
- Review and assess design and supporting analysis.
- Support space system and communications system design engineering.
- Perform systems engineering for space systems. Be able to evaluate design solutions and assess architecture analysis.
- Develop and review technical requirements, evaluating technical proposals, review and assess software engineering and algorithm development, and CONOPS development.
- Translate technical requirements into work packages, evaluating technical proposals, manage modeling and simulation activities, and schedule management to deliver an end product.
- Provide technical and acquisition support to Government and contractor milestone reviews to assess progress, issues, and meeting mission requirements traceability.
- Ensure program level documentation is aligned with Directorate and higher headquarters guidance for program planning and execution.
- Develops and evaluates program level documentation for SMC/SY assigned programs in support of Directorate leadership.
- Engages and coordinates with SMC Center Staff, HQ AFSPC, and HQ USAF on behalf of Directorate leadership to resolve documentation issues in line with Directorate commander's intent and priorities.
- Provides leadership advice on: acquisition strategies for next-generation systems; program execution issues and recommendations; strategic messaging to key operational and acquisition government, industry, and media stakeholders.
- Working location: Position is co-located with Air Force Customer in El Segundo, CA.
Required Education and Experience:
- 15+ years of experience in RF engineering development, technical program management, or communications systems engineering within the areas of Space, Space Control, Cyber, Reconnaissance, and/or warfighting systems/operational support.
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering degree in relevant discipline.
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance.
Desired Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's / Master's Degree in related field.
- PMP certification.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC¿s approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see ( My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 16, 2018, 8:18:07 AM
Primary Location: United States-CA-EL SEGUNDO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job