Aircraft Logs and Records Technician - Military veterans preferred
DynCorp Recruiting (www.dyn-intl.com)
Maintains aircraft/engine logbooks and associated records. Performs all operator, data entry, and retrieval functions associated with aircraft recordkeeping.
- Performs networking functions between individual stations which includes analysis, correction of hardware/software errors, and data entry.
- Extracts data, formulates/interprets management reports, creates archives, and saves data in support of deployment and detachment operations.
- Performs a wide range of clerical and administrative duties related to aircraft maintenance, such as preparing reports/correspondence, filing, typing, and performing data base/systems analyses.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to meet required scheduling deadlines and maintain necessary work flow.
- Thorough knowledge of aircraft log books, maintenance records, applicable maintenance / technical manuals, publications and forms.
- High degree of knowledge in computer operation and keypunch skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel
- Ability to type a minimum of thirty-five (35) words per minute.
- Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate the English language and follow verbal and written instruction.
Experience & Education
- Must have two (2) years of aviation clerical experience in maintaining aircraft log books, aeronautical equipment service records and associated logs.
- Previous experience with US Navy, and/or FAA aircraft logbooks and documentation is preferred.
- Satisfactory completion of U.S. Armed Forces Logs and Records courses or other schools with equivalent curriculum or two (2) year of on the job training and / or experience required.
- Must be able to meet any Government / Company licensing / qualification requirements for the position.
- Experience on H-60R highly desired.
- Experience with automated management information systems: OOMA, NALCOMIS, FAME, IMDS, CETADS, CEMS – highly desired.
- Licensing, certification requirements:
- Hazardous Waste Communications Training,
- FOD and TCP Awareness Trained
- ISO 9001-2000 Program Awareness
- NALCOMIS Trained
- Operational Risk Management (ORM) Training
- Weight and Balance Certified
- Completion of high school or the equivalent is required.
- Completion of specialized courses is required.
- The ability to read and write and to comprehend data is required.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Administrative duties that may require occasional kneeling, standing, stooping and bending are required.
- Exposure to prolonged periods of sitting, standing, and keyboard input.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull minimum of 50 pounds
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for extended periods throughout the day
- Must be able to type using a standard keyboard to communicate through e-mail and various software applications
- Normally work in an office environment, but occasionally work may be required in aircraft maintenance hangar and shop areas.
- Primarily working in an office environment with minimum exposure to noise hazards.
- May be required to handle hazardous materials.
More Jobs For Veterans...