District of Columbia
Cloud Automation Engineer (Job Number:439360)
- Looking for a highly motivated and experienced Cloud Automation Engineering expert to support various programs and strategic initiatives within the company, including internal investment projects (IR&D) and external customer support.
- The selected candidate will be an expert in all aspects of Cloud Automation, Scripting and Development who readily adapts to support a variety of challenging technical requirements in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Designs, plans, and integrates cloud computing and virtualization systems using infrastructure as code and modern cloud-native deployment techniques such as DevOps and/or DevSecOps.
- Develops automation scripts for efficient deployment and operations of cloud and virtualization systems.
- Develops and conducts testing of cloud and virtualization systems.
- Maintains technical expertise relevant industry standards and best practices in cloud computing and virtualization technologies such as cloud service provider architecture, design, and configuration; cloud deployment models including public, community, private, and hybrid; cloud service delivery models including infrastructure-, platform-, and software-as-a- service; automation; hypervisors; containers; virtual compute, storage, and networks; virtual infrastructure management; self-provisioning; and scaling.
- Evaluates and reports on new cloud and virtualization technologies to enhance capabilities of cloud-based and virtualized services.
- May also provide systems engineering activities such as: Concept of Operations Formulation, Requirements Definition, Analysis and Engineering, System Architecting, System Analysis and Design, Interface and Data Architectures, Validation and Verification, System Integration, System & Op.
- Performance Analysis, Lifecycle Cost Analysis & Estimation, Decision Analysis and Physical Configuration Analysis (PCA).
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides highly innovative and creative solutions.
- Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product.
- Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs.
- Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
- Works under consultative direction toward pre- determined long-range goals and objectives.
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Contributes to development of new principles and concepts.
- Participates with senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- May support new business development initiatives, including bid and proposal and bases of estimate.
- May support strategic initiatives within SAIC, including research and development.
- May support strategic alliances with outside vendors.
- Remains abreast of the newest cloud computing tools and technologies available.
- BA/BS engineering or related IT, System Engineering, or STEM degree (or an additional 4 years of related experience in lieu of degree).
- 14+ years of experience in Systems Engineering, Development, or related.
- Expert level knowledge and hands on experience with Cloud Scripting and Automation is required, specifically VMware vRealize Automation (vRA).
- Experience with Agile Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Experience with DevOps/DevSecOps.
- Experience with at least one other Cloud platform (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc).
- In depth understanding of Cloud Migration methodologies and best practices.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- High level Cloud and Virtualization certifications are not a hard requirement but are very strongly preferred to demonstrate mastery.
- VMware Certified Professional 6 (VCP6).
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional o MCSE: Cloud Platform and Integration.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Able to obtain up to a Top Secret level DoD clearance upon request.
- Location: Initial 6 month IR&D assignment is 100% telework with up to 25% travel, but selected candidate must be located in Northern Virginia, Washington DC, Maryland area and be willing to work at a government customer site up to 100% if required for their next work assignment.
- Active DoD Secret (or above) clearance is strongly preferred.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 17, 2018, 8:51:34 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job
Other Locations: United States-TX-SAN ANTONIO, United States-NC-CHARLOTTE, United States-TX-HOUSTON, United States-VA-CHARLOTTESVILLE, United States-VA-RICHMOND, United States-FL-TAMPA, United States-FL-MIAMI, United States-KY-LOUISVILLE, United States-WA-SEATTLE, United States-IL-CHICAGO, United States-KS-LEAVENWORTH, United States-TX-DALLAS-FORT WORTH, United States-MD-ANNAPOLIS, United States-CO-DENVER, United States-CA-SAN FRANCISCO, United States-CA-SAN DIEGO, United States-MA-BOSTON, United States-MD-GREENBELT, United States-FL-ORLANDO, United States-AL-BIRMINGHAM, United States-AZ-PHOENIX, United States-MD-LEXINGTON PARK, United States-VA-ARLINGTON, United States-AZ-TUCSON, United States-CO-COLORADO SPRINGS, United States-VA-HAMPTON, United States-FL-JACKSONVILLE, United States-CA-LOS ANGELES, United States-GA-ATLANTA, United States-VA-RESTON, United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE, United States-MD-BETHESDA, United States-MD-BALTIMORE, United States-MD-FORT MEADE