Bring your talents to Team Raytheon!
Raytheon Information Intelligence Systems (IIS) site in Aurora, Colorado has many exciting programs currently under development in the Global Intelligence Systems (GIS), Navigation and Environmental Solutions (NES), and Cybersecurity and Special Missions (CSM) Mission Areas.
Just a few of the currently active programs in Aurora area include:
- full life cycle engineering on state-of-the-art environmental, commercial, and sensing systems for government and commercial space and environmental applications, including Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS), the GPS advanced operational control segment (GPS-OCX), and James Webb Space Telescope (JWST). - full life cycle engineering for government and commercial applications on classified programs that support the intelligence community. Capabilities include ground systems for GEOINT and SIGINT systems, large-scale data processing and exploitation storage architectures and high performance data handling and processing systems.
In addition Raytheon has expertise in large-scale systems development, integration and deployment of high-performance SIGINT and GEOINT systems, missions and resource management, information management, visualization, knowledge discovery and advanced analytics.
Raytheon has many exciting opportunities available in this highly successful organization using state of the art technology and focused on mission success.
IIS in Aurora, Colorado is seeking a talented software engineer to join our software team. The candidate must have experience and knowledge with software engineering using modern methodologies. The candidate will work as a software developer and integrator as part of a development team which utilizes a diverse dynamic workforce, including many experts in their fields throughout the design, development and maintenance life cycle.
- Developing new functional capabilities within software applications to meet a wide range of customer requirements and operational needs
- Responsible for performing development, integration, test and documentation duties to ensure proper operation of hardware and software platforms
- Integrating a wide variety of applications from various sources, and ensuring they meet performance standards for stability and resource utilization
- Develop software, tailor reusable software, and integrate software components
- Adhere to accepted standards for development, including writing unit tests which provide a high percentage of code coverage, participating in peer code reviews, conducting design reviews , and generating test plans to ensure maximum stability and quality of code
- Object Oriented Analysis (OOA) and Object Oriented Design (OOD) skills
- Programming skills Java and/or C++
- Proficiency in Windows, Unix and/or Linux
- Knowledge and understanding of software development life cycles
- Strong oral and written communication skills; problem solving skills
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Internship or co-op experience in software engineering
- Experience with Software design tools such as Rational Rose, Rhapsody, or comparable tools
- Experience with scripting is a plus (Ruby, Perl, Python, PHP, etc.)
- Experience with agile is a plus (Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban, SAFe, etc)
- Experience and/or knowledge with Web Service design and development
- Experience and/or knowledge with Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience and/or knowledge with Security related software development
- Experience and/or knowledge with one or more databases (Mongo, Postgres)
- Experience and/or knowledge with an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) like Eclipse
- Experience and/or knowledge with DevOps and Continuous Integration
Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is desired. (Please include your GPA on your resume.)
- Ability to design, develop, integrate and maintain new software functionality
- Ability to work with previously written code and make modifications as necessary
- Ability to work closely with other disciplines (systems, networking, IS, configuration management, and test engineers) to troubleshoot and fix problems
- Enthusiastic and energetic performer able to work in a dynamic, fast paced, and sometimes pressured environment
- Team player incorporating a team based success philosophy
- Contribute to the completion of program and project milestones under the specific guidance of his/her immediate supervisor
- Communication of complex and diverse engineering topics
- Ability to follow established SW processes and procedures, development, documentation and maintenance/management of operations concepts, requirements (system, element, segment level), external and internal interfaces, and other software engineering work products/artifacts
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering obtained within last 18 months or Spring of 2019.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.