The Senior Test Engineer analyzes system requirements or feature/user story acceptance criteria, as well as concept of operations documents, acquisition plans, and system descriptions to develop evaluation and test plans and procedures, prepare for and conduct the data collection and analysis, and report status and results. Supports the development of Government test and evaluation documentation e.g., Test & Evaluation (T&E) Strategy, Test & Evaluation Master Plan, Event Test Plans, Test Readiness Assessments, and T&E Reports, or equivalent agile test documentation. Works with other test organizations to support T&E program integration. Provides specialized T&E capabilities tailored to system functions, level, maturity, and performance areas. Develops, manages and executes automated test scripts in an agile environment.
Responsibilities also include:
- Plan and perform test assignments involving definition of test and verification requirements, feature and user story acceptance criteria, plans and sequences relative to complex software and hardware subsystems and resolve identified conflicting issues.
- Support a test program which includes establishing test methods and techniques, developing test plans, developing test requirements, writing test procedures and reports, and conducting tests, including equivalent documentation for agile projects.
- Participate in test readiness reviews, participate in design reviews, and conduct audits of test programs and facilities.
- Utilize knowledge of precedents in test engineering and apply understanding of principles of related engineering and software technology to ensure test validity and integrity.
- Conduct tests, which include collaborating with others in establishing language, database, and computer simulation requirements and configuration management techniques. This includes development, management and execution of automated test scripts in a DevSecOps environment.
- Duties may include performing system test planning and implementation for medium to large-scale systems using state-of-the-art technology.
- Develop and maintain test documentation including plans, procedures, reports, etc.
- Analyze test results.
- Document and keep program management informed of any and all deviations from customer requirements.
- Collaborating within Agile Scrum teams as a key contributor responsible for manual and automated testing of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with the following:
- Interface definition and documentation (ICDs)
- End-to-end IV&V processes and methodologies
- Tools for requirements management, software development, discrepancy reporting and configuration management
- Test script development.
- Automated testing tools (e.g. Selenium).
- Advanced cybersecurity capabilities
- Must have a Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility (SSBI within the last 5 years)
- Must have US Citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Must have 8 years of professional experience or 6 years with a Master’s degree or 4 years with PhD in a related discipline.
- Strong test engineering experience.
- Experience with requirements development, management and architectures.
- Experience in conducting security testing.
- Experience in developing operational procedures.
- Experience in the maintenance of complex hardware and software data processing systems.
- Experience with systems engineering and configuration management processes.
- Experience in software and database design, development and test.
- Experience generating IV&V CDRLs and other documentation.
- Strong experience performing verification and functional performance testing, preferably in an agile-focused DevOps/DevSecOps environment using automated test methods and tools (e.g., Selenium).
- DoD 8570.1 IAT Level 2 certification or the ability to obtain certification within three months of employment.
- Experience or familiarity with Agile development and testing methodology.
- Experience or familiarity with DevOps/DevSecOps, Continuous Development/Continuous Integration concepts, and tools such as Docker, Jenkins, JIRA, Git, Chef, Ansible, etc.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, PowerShell, VBScript, etc.
- Experience with Windows, UNIX, and Linux systems and virtual environments (VMware, AWS, OpenStack).
- Technical understanding of cybersecurity attack techniques and associated mitigation techniques
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Security+ certification highly desired.
- Certified Software Test Professional (CSTP).
- Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP).
- SAFe certification (e.g., SPC, SA, Practioner, Scrum Master, RTE) highly desired.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.