District of Columbia
SAIC has an opening for a Console Operator located in Washington, DC.
Position will work 3pm-12am M-F, but will also work 1 weekend day 1x a month. This is a full-time position.
• This is a Console Operator position in support of the Department of State (DoS) Vanguard Program, TWD Console Operator Service.
• Console Operator personnel provide operator assistance to the main Department of State public number.
• Working as part of a team and reporting to a team lead, the TWD Console Operator receives all incoming calls to the Department of State.
Description of Duties
• Processes incoming and outgoing calls for our internal and external clients in a courteous and pleasant manner.
• Transfers callers to the appropriate destination based on callers’ questions.
• Provides assistance in determining information or office as needed, relays messages to the appropriate departments during emergencies.
• Provides assistance to internal and external callers in emergency situations, and to frustrated callers.
• Provides backup receptionist duties within the Information Management Office (IRM) when required.
• Maintains the DoS directory database, which includes the names and telephone numbers of Government employees at DoS.
Required Education/Experience: High School and two (2) years or more related experience.
• Ability to learn and understand the organization and functions of the State Department.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to use Word, Excel, and data entry.
• Works well under general supervision and promotes a team environment with a positive attitude.
• SECRET (Active)