AH-64D Maintenance Test Pilot (Transition Training AH-64E MTP Opportunity) - Military veterans preferred
DynCorp Recruiting (www.dyn-intl.com)
The Maintenance Test Pilot utilizes flight test techniques to perform test flights of aircraft to measure performance and handling to determine airworthiness following maintenance or modifications.
*Selected candidates will receive AH-64E MTP transition training/qualification*
- Perform test flights and demonstrating aircraft proficiency upon completion of aircraft maintenance or modifications on aircraft.
- Determine in accordance with publications and procedures the airworthiness of aircraft prior to release for flight.
- Perform recovery flights and ferries aircraft to additional sites, such as depots.
- Perform troubleshooting procedures of aircraft on the ground and during flight, and makes appropriate write-ups or gives verbal instructions to correct deficiencies.
- Verify forms and records used in the performance of maintenance to ensure they comply with work performed prior to ground or flight checks.
- Run-up aircraft for alert status to perform test on modifications.
- Deploy when required to support contract requirements when maintenance test flights are anticipated.
- Interpret meteorological data as it pertains to filing a flight plan for the navigational course of flight needed for a sortie and files a flight plan for all flights using authorized processes.
- Ensure proper documentation is chronicled.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrated proven and verifiable aviation experience including ethics, ability and professionalism of the highest standards are required for this position.
- Must have demonstrated communication skills, both oral and written. Must be fluent in the English language.
- Working knowledge for operating navigational and communication equipment installed on the aircraft.
- Capable of computing and annotating weight and balance logs for the aircraft.
- Able to pass flight proficiency examinations required by the customer.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance if required.
Experience & Education
- Completion of high school or equivalent.
- 1,000 or more hours of total flight time, and have at least 300 hours in the same aircraft type and design and 100 hours in the assigned aircraft.
- Must meet the experience requirements of AFR55-22, NOTAMS, AR95-10, AR95-20 and DCMA-8210 pertaining to each aircraft prior to acting in the capacity of pilot-in-command on maintenance test flights.
- Must possess a valid FAA commercial pilot certificate with instrument ratings.
- Must have satisfactorily completed a proficiency check within the previous 12 months.
- Must possess or be able to attain a current FAA Medical Certificate Second Class.
- Military flight and/or applicable training courses are required.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Required to undergo and successfully complete initially and annually thereafter during their birth months, an Army or FAA second class flight physical.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from turbine and jet engine aircraft.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; may be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts and vehicles.
- May be exposed to a wide variety of operational circumstances, including extreme weather conditions and rudimentary infrastructure.
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
- Must be able to see aircraft in flight, read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
- Must meet or exceed Federal Aviation Administration minimum visual acuity and hearing standards for Class II medical certificate.
- Must be physically capable of climbing vertical ladders or built-in aircraft steps to heights of 10-12 feet.
- May be exposed to chemical mist, gas, vapors, ultra-violet and infrared radiation.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds to a height of four (4) feet and be required to lift up to 20 pounds to a height of seven (7) feet.
- May be exposed to certain obstructions on the surface as well as ladders, stairs, etc.
- May be exposed to rapid or extreme temperature changes.
- Ability to travel domestically as internationally as required.
More Jobs For Veterans...