Raytheon Manufacturing Sr. Systems Engineer II
The Industrial Engineer leverages Raytheon’s world-class design and manufacturing capabilities to drive optimal producibility decisions throughout all stages of the factory life cycle. In this role, the industrial engineer, is responsible for addressing the Operations key focus areas relating to cycle time and process improvements to ensure customer demands are met. In addition, the industrial engineer also drives the elevation of the lean skill set throughout the population of RMS, integrates lessons learned from industry and other programs to drive affordability while maximizing performance.
Other responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.Desired Skills:
- Analyze, design, and implement sequence of operations and work flow to improve efficiencies in plant and production facilities and equipment layouts
- Establish methods for maximum utilization of production equipment and personnel
- Identify production constraint though use of lean manufacturing techniques or class IE modeling tools
- Analyze and support the design of the value stream by assessing capability, capacity (e.g., make/buy, risk analysis, supplier performance), throughput, work flow and logistics (e.g., critical path, lead-time, transportation, factory layout)
- Apply industrial engineering techniques and concepts to product and processes throughout all phases of product lifecycle
- Research, design, develop, improve, and implement processes to enhance schedule performance, lower cost, and increased quality, through the application of Lean and other Industrial Engineering concepts for large scale systems integration and asset utilization.
- Support factory strategic efforts through justification, planning, and execution of projects
Basic Qualifications:Demonstrated 6 years experience with three of the following:
- Proficient in MS Office products capacity and manpower planning, performance measurement tools, factory Estimate at Completion (EAC), work measurements and standards applications, shop floor and workspace layout/workflow, 3D drawing skills utilizing Computer-aided design (CAD) system such as AutoCAD or Microstation, discrete event simulation, ergonomic assessments, some Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) knowledge
- Manufacturing background
- Ability to communicate tactical and strategic plans effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to apply Lean principles, Six Sigma or Statistical Process Control (business cases, constraint analysis, value stream mapping, line balancing, DFMA, PFMEA, Waste analysis, Kanban analysis, process mapping, etc.)
- Technical problem solving
- Possess business acumen, systems perspective and focuses on system optimization
- Ability to lead work measurement analyses and redesign/re-implement processes in a more efficient methodology
- Ability to design and build very complex capacity, utilization and factory forecasting models
- Ability to lead simulation analyses
- Ability to lead major factory strategic efforts through justification, planning, and execution of projects
- Ability to lead factory efficiency improvement methods and projects
- Ability to lead large scale facility layout efforts
- Ability to lead new product introduction and producibility efforts with product design teams
- Ability to participate in make buy analysis on major pieces of hardware
- Ability to lead supplier improvement activities
- Ability to mentor incoming industrial engineering employees and factory personnel in lean techniques
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain a DoD Secret clearance
This position requires a Bachelor of Engineering, Math or Science degree.
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
***Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition***
Check us out on YouTube:
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.