Raytheon, Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is currently seeking a Deputy Program Manager, to be the in-country lead on a Direct Commercial Sale, Firm Fixed Price, and Cyber Protection Program for a government organization in the MENA region.
The scope of this opportunity includes: providing design, integration, installation, test, sustainment, and disposition of COTS components forming a CND system. The Program is also responsible for defining host facility requirements for the equipment and assisting the Customer in selection and management of the facility contractor and their associated performance (whereby the facility is GFE).
The Deputy Program Manager will be deployed at the Raytheon and customer site in Qatar and will lead a geographically dispersed team focused on the successful execution and fielding of the program from contract award through final signoff. He / She will interface with and make presentations to Customer, SETA Contractor, end user, and Raytheon management, as well as other subcontractors. Duties include oversight of at-least 2 partner subcontractors with significant program content.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing subcontractor relationships and assuring stellar subcontract performance
- Work with cross-functional and multi-company teams to translate customer needs and technology trends into solution definitions that provide customers with a flexible, cost-effective staffing and technical framework
- Identifying and developing approaches to pursue new opportunities to increase business base by developing customer roadmaps with customer, identifying initial capability and an architecture that can be expanded to spiral development / block upgrade approach
- Provide strategic leadership to the program and other matrixed, functional leadership who are responsible for day-to-day execution of the program
- Partner with businesses, mission area, and functional leaders to successfully execute and achieve all program milestones
- Accountable for financial forecasting and planning activities including AOP and EAC reviews
- Interface extensively with external, international customers in the execution of all aspects of the program.
- Develop and execute compelling market strategies along with competitive program win strategies that yield results
- Prepare and present executive level briefings to business leadership teams, senior executives, internal and external customers
- Ensuring the project stays on schedule and on budget.
- Creating the vision for the program organization
- Implementation of EVMS, Risk and Opportunity, and other primary program processes
- Building and maintaining strong customer relationships across the Middle Eastern end user community.
- Development and presentation of design reviews and program management reviews
Desirable Skills, Experience, Knowledge:
- Ten (10) to Twelve (12) plus years of program management experience with multiple projects of up to and exceeding $100M
- Strong performance in the management of programs with a history of assignment to positions of progressively greater authority and responsibility.
- Excellent communication skills – Experience in preparing and delivering briefings for customers and senior management
- Excellent leadership and team-building skills including leading matrixed teams
- Direct Commercial Sales, Firm Fixed Price and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) experience including detailed knowledge of US Export/Import policies, regulations and processes
- Proven negotiation skills and EVMS experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of acquisition strategy.
- Proven experience leading internal, vendor and customer meetings focused on the identification of solution requirements and alignment of those requirements with business and third party products/capabilities providers.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationship with all levels of the organization, including US and foreign government customers, subcontractors, engineering organizations, IPT members, Supply Chain Management, and supporting functional organizations.
- Experience developing and implementing strategic plans. Strategic mind-set capable of tackling complex problems.
- Demonstrated success in managing complex program task prioritization, planning, staffing, scheduling, and conflict resolution
- Raytheon Level 4 Program Management, EVMS Level 2, and Risk and Opportunity management certifications
- Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering, Science, Management, or Mathematics
- Existing DoD Secret level security clearance
- Ability and willingness for extensive international (and domestic) business travel including need to temporarily (6 - 12 months minimum) reside in Doha, Qatar
This position requires a U.S. Person
- Raytheon Level 4 or PMP certification.
- Big picture thinker with demonstrated experience taking customer's high-level vision and / or Statement-of-Objectives (SOO) and shaping opportunity
- Ability to identify "bookend" realm of system solutions & articulate the ROM cost, schedule & technical performance
- Demonstrated experience developing customer roadmaps that show how to achieve statement of objectives in a way that provides the customer with an initial capability quickly & defines an architecture that can be expanded to goal of spiral development / block upgrade approach
- Demonstrated success working with customer to propose a series of on-contract studies to define concepts & develop detailed requirements that enable developers to craft a comprehensive proposal (cost, schedule & technical)
- Existing Cyber or Computer Network Defense system experience
- Existing facilities construction oversight experience
- Strong analytical abilities: ability to plan, control and direct activities and resources related to planning and scheduling
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.