BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
The Command Center Team Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day responsibilities of a Command Center team. Plans, directs, coordinates, and reviews the work of assigned staff, delegates and monitors the timeliness and quality of the daily tasks and projects. Works closely with various work groups including external vendors to identify, engineer and implement product into the Command Center monitoring platform. Manages execution of the audit process, and sets audit expectations, for all Command Center security equipment. The Command Center Team Manager applies their technical knowledge and communication skills to resolve business problems and train and develop command center associates. The position will monitor Command Center technology to safeguard the assets of CarMax locations across the country, support Regional Asset Protection Leaders and store personnel in resolution of CCTV-related issues, and work closely with other team members. Requires overnight shift work. Responsible for managing the ‘on call’ rotation schedule for Command Center support.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for delegating and monitoring the daily tasks of a command center teams including, but not limited to staffing, scheduling, personnel management, system operations, and system support. Responsible for projects, working with, business partners, and vendors, to develop the Command Center security platform strategy, as well as defining overall implementation needs and insuring successful integration. Removes roadblocks and provides technical guidance to Command Center associates and business partners when necessary. Assists with escalated issues from associates. Escalates problems to the manager when appropriate. Provide inter-departmental support to ensure proper resolution of service issues related to security equipment. Monitor Command Center technology to safeguard the assets of CarMax locations across the country
• Develop a team of associates through timely performance feedback delivered during day-to-day observations, periodic file reviews, and annual performance evaluations. Manage team members associate career development by creating IDPs and setting business objectives.
• Responsible for holding the team accountable to a high level of customer service. Responds to escalated vendor or store issues, participates in vendor meetings or conference calls, and meets with business partners.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Able to train and develop a team by providing real-time feedback and positive recognition
• Able to delegate work to team, sets clear expectations, and holds associates accountable to meeting deadlines
• Able to resolve conflict by actively listening and communicating in a manner that is win-win
• Able to summarize and or present complex problems and/or technical information in a simplified manner
• Able to motivate, inspire and gain buy-in from manager, vendors, and associates
• Able to determine Command Center specific needs and put forth actions to meet those departmental business needs
• Able to organize and prioritize work effectively, and manage own time to meet team goals/objectives
• Must understand how different technical processes and systems impact one another
• Can perform root cause analysis to problem-solve and provide solutions to problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Four year college degree, preferred
• 5+ years of Loss Prevention or comparable experience
• 1 or more years of supervisory and project management experience
• Experience in camera surveillance and security systems preferred