Sr. Monitoring and Detection Analyst (Job Number:439721)
This position will be responsible for leading the 24/7 Security Operations Center (SOC) monitoring and incident detection team. The candidate must have a minimum of five years of professional experience in cybersecurity, information risk management, or information systems risk assessment in a network security environment, such as a Security Operations Center (SOC), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Incident Response Center (CIRC) or Cyber Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC). Additionally, the candidate must be knowledgeable in vulnerability assessments, intrusion prevention and detection, access control and authorization, policy enforcement, application security, protocol analysis, firewall management, incident response, data loss prevention, encryption, two?factor authentication, web?filtering, and advanced threat protection. The position also involves developing and briefing various SOC performance reports, conducting and making recommendations on vulnerability assessments and technical management of security incidents. Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Provide technical oversight and supervision to 24/7 SOC staff (including creation of shift schedules).
- Lead the Computer Incident Response Team
- Develop moderately complex security designs and test plans using existing technology.
- Develop cyber security analytics and threat intelligence using multiple data sources provided to the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system.
- Work closely with the SAIC CISO to identify and recommend process and system improvements to the security program.
- Create relevant documentation and recommendations for changes to the current security architecture.
- Drive the capabilities and execution to effectively optimize and improve enterprise security.
- Demonstrate expert level knowledge of security services and implementations.
- Investigate, positively identify, and document anomalous events and incidents that are escalated by Tier 1 engineers.
- Document and escalate appropriate events and incidents to Tier 3 engineer.
- Examine cyber adversary techniques in order to develop defensive methodologies.
- Conduct risk analysis and convert it into actionable monitoring recommendations to be conducted by the SOC.
- Recommend remediation and mitigation strategies and implementations based on the results of vulnerability assessments, to ensure effective achievement of the organizational objectives.
- Provide support for security incidents throughout the incident lifecycle as needed and make recommendations to ensure enterprise infrastructure is protected.
- Performs analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommend additional security requirements and safeguards.
- Work with the SAIC CISO to develop a metrics program to report on overall SOC performance and effectiveness.
- Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Exchange Online Protection
- Blue Coat
- McAfee Data Loss Prevention
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
- Must be able to pass a California Department of Justice (DoJ) LiveScan background investigation and a detailed lifestyle law enforcement background interview.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cybersecurity or related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a network security environment, such as a Security Operations Center (SOC), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Incident Response Center (CIRC) or Cyber Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC).
- Demonstrated Experience with Cyber Security Monitoring and Detection including expert experience in at least two of the following areas:
- (a) Vulnerability Assessment;
- (b) Intrusion Prevention and Detection;
- (c) Access Control and Authorization;
- (d) Policy Enforcement;
- (e) Application Security;
- (f) Protocol Analysis;
- (g) Firewall Management;
- (h) Incident Response;
- (i) Encryption;
- (j) Web?filtering;
- (k) Advanced Threat Protection
- Security+ and/or CySA, plus CCNA Certification.
- Experience with intrusion detection sensors.
- Experience with Security Assessment Tools (Nessus) and Security Information and Event Management Tools (LogRhythm).
- Experience with Forensics Analysis.
- Experience writing moderately complex scripts.
- Understanding of networking concepts and technologies including TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, NAT, OSI Model, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and multiple deadlines in an organized fashion.
- Understanding of advanced data analysis and management concepts.
- Technical writing abilities to author technical and management risk reports.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Experience in Information Assurance Policy and Guidelines
- NIST Special Publication 800-53
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- ITIL® Foundation Level or higher Certification
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 31, 2018, 6:37:24 AM
Primary Location: United States-CA-SANTA ANA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job