The Mechanical Subsystems Directorate (MSD) is searching for a design engineer with experience in harness and interconnect design.In this position, the candidate will be responsible for developing technical solutions to a wide range of complex problems related to the entire product life cycle including proposal, design, manufacturing, integration and test of various types of harness and interconnects (round wire and/or flex circuits) for multiple missile programs.
The candidate will require an understanding and application of technical expertise in the mechanical engineering field with full knowledge of all other related disciplines.On new programs, the candidate will be responsible for the definition of mechanical outline and construction details, connector selection and specification, mechanical and assembly drawings, oversee electrical layout and full ownership of final technical data package.Proposal efforts in harnessing and interconnects will require support.They will establish and be responsible for meeting cost, schedule, quality, and performance requirements for finished product.The candidate will work with direction or supervision while exercising latitude in determining the technical objectives of the assignment.The position will require frequent interaction with senior personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations, and physical locations.
Note:This position can be Salary Grade G08 (Sr. Mechanical Engineer I) or Salary Grade G09 (Sr. Mechanical Engineer II) based upon the applicant’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements of the position.
Required Experience and Skills:
· A minimum of four (4) years of experience in the design and manufacturing of flex, rigid flex and round wire harnesses for military and aerospace applications
· Must possess a thorough knowledge of military specifications such as Mil-PRF-31032, IPC-6013, J-STD-001, IPC-2221, IPC-2223 and IPC/WHMA-A-620
· Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
· Ability to travel periodically to harness and interconnect manufacturing facilities to support programs
· Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance
· U.S. Citizenship is required
Desired Experience and Skills:
· Working knowledge of RMS processes and procedures
· Familiarity with the Pro/Engineer modeling tool and drawing standards
· Familiarity with the design and manufacturing processes of harness and interconnects
· Strong technical background with high technical aptitude
· Strong leadership skills and project management skills
· Very strong verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills when working with team members and customers
· Self-starter, ability to work independently
Required Education (Including Major):
BS Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.122997BR 122997
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.