The Hardware Engineering Center (HWEC) is an engineering organization that focuses on product producibility and mission assurance. It is a vital link in the integrated product development process that allows Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) to introduce reliable new products faster, better, and more economically.
The STS family of programs requires full time product process engineering support for full rate production of electro-optical assemblies. The individual filling this role will primarily be working in a clean room environment providing direct factory support. The ideal candidate will have a combination of mechanical aptitude as well as knowledge or aptitude in the use of bonding agents, environmental coatings and soldering techniques for both microelectronics as well as optics.
Job Related Activities:
- Evaluate STS hardware logged out of flow and determining rework required.
- Document custom rework processes and release into RWP/AI formats as required.
- Document short comings in build processes/defects and initiate/manage improvement projects.
- Work closely with STS programs to identify process needs at production and depot facility and develop capability as needed up to an including capital package creation and implementation.
- Identify potential design changes through lessons learned, commonly observed defects, yield improvements, etc. and route back to design team for implementation.
- Comply with Export/Import (EX/IM) regulations and policies and support Jurisdiction Classification Assessments (JCAs) as needed.
- Ensure the consistent application of engineering best practice and that all activities undertaken are conducted to common standards in accordance with Raytheon's IPDS processes.
- Experience with circuit card assembly production processes per J-STD-001, Class 3
- Experience with circuit card assembly rework, modification, and repair
- Experience with rework processes, including documentation and inspection per customer requirements
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience developing and delivering presentations (verbal and/or written) to key stakeholders
- Experience in database creation and maintenance, such as Microsoft Access
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Strong knowledge of chemicals and equipment used in electronics assembly
- Knowledge of optical alignment, assembly and bonding processes
- Ability and willingness to train and certify operators on equipment and processes
- Proficiency in database creation and maintenance, such as Microsoft Access
: Must have a BS / BA with a major in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other related field by Summer 2019 or have graduated within 18 months prior to start date.Desired Education:
Must have a MS / MA with a major in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other related field by Summer 2019 or have graduated within 18 months prior to start date. 123218
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.