National Grid (https:\\careers.nationalgridus.com)
Service Company Finance, Senior Analyst, Financial Performance and Reporting provides financial performance and reporting support to the assigned Service Company (i.e. Information Services, Finance, HR, Communications, Shared Services, Legal, Network Strategy, Customer Strategy and Business Development). Develops and reports on financial performance in the jurisdiction to provide accurate information on business performance. Utilizes data provided by the jurisdiction to develop reporting. Responsible for supporting the performance and reporting processes.
Reports to the Manager, Financial Performance and Reporting and provides support by providing documentation to jurisdictions.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Provides data entry to support performance and financial reporting
- Responsible for financial and performance reporting on jurisdiction spend and operational costs.
- Drafts jurisdiction budget and performance trends.
- Responsible for monthly performance reporting for the jurisdiction.
- Provides ad-hoc reporting to support requests from Cadence Review Meetings.
- Reviews reporting details for accuracy.
- Responsible for maintaining reports and performance documentation.
- Follows reporting guidelines and applies US GAAP, SOX and SEC requirements.
- Obtains sign-off on reports for business financial performance actions plans.
- Utilizes knowledge of U.S. GAAP, SOX, SEC requirements and IFRS in analysis and scenarios.
- Responsible for supporting financial and non-financial controls to meet business requirements.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Business and financial planning
- Budget consolidation
- Business unit finance
- General Accounting
- Data collection and review
- U.S. GAAP, SOX, SEC requirements and IFRS
- Budgeting, accurate forecasting and KPIs
- Analysis of business performance
- Project management
- Cross-functional business partnerships
- Bachelor’s preferred with a minimum of 3 years in business performance, reporting or data
- Experience in financial planning activities
- Background in business unit finance structures
- Experience researching and collecting financial data for accurate budgeting
- Demonstrated business forecasting
- Background in utility service business activities
- Advanced computer skills in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Access; SAP preferred
- Excellent written / oral communication skills, follow-up, and negotiation skills
This position is one of National Grid's career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience and acquiring expertise and applying technical skills.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise.We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
:Oct 13, 2018, 6:13:27 PM
:Nov 13, 2018, 4:59:00 AM