Cyber Security Engineer (Linux) (Job Number:439976)
SAIC is looking to hire a Cyber Security Engineer to support our team in Newport, RI.
- Individual will be responsible for implementing adequate security controls, parameters, and sound implementation of established Cyber Security (CS) policy and procedures; installation and maintenance of an IS, providing effective IS utilization in an enterprise environment. Perform these duties in a large Linux and Windows environment.
- Test and implement secure operating systems, security monitoring, tuning and management of IT security systems.
- Assist in implementing, supporting, and troubleshooting Linux issues relating to performance and compliance and security operations.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Detailed knowledge of implementing and supporting Centrify, Identity and Access Management and Privileged Identity Management to secure access across computer network(s)
- Detailed knowledge of integrating Linux within an Active Directory based environment, to include securely (CS) implement and deploy the network and applications to protect national security information
- Detailed knowledge of Linux and Windows security operations, configurations and maintenance principles and practices.
- Act as subject matter expert on implementing and supporting Linux in an enterprise and R&D Lab environment.
- Configured and maintain the Linux System Logging (Syslog) Protocol for Devices such as routers, switches, firewalls, Wi-Fi access points, Unix/Linux Servers and other network devices to store events or log messages locally within the device and to a centralized Log/Event Message collector Skill-Set
- Demonstrated attention to detail in planning, preparing and developing procedures, process documents and other forms of documentation in regards to Cyber Security posture, Security Configuration, Vulnerability Discovery, reporting and remediation.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or a related field and 6 years or more of relevant experience or a H.S. diploma and 10 years or more of relevant experience
- A minimum of 5 years experience providing system and hardware level support on Dell and HP Server technology.
- Position requires a Secret Clearance and the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- A current Linux certification: Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Operating system or Linux Professional Institute Certification (LPIC) is preferred.
- A current CompTIA Security+ with CE or GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC) or Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) is required or must be obtained and maintained while in this role.
- Extensive knowledge of implementing and supporting Red Hat or similar branch of Linux.
- Experienced in supporting Linux in a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 2008 or higher
- Experience with administering Splunk 5X or higher
- Experienced in optimizing Linux systems for optimal performance
- Experience with writing and implementing PowerShell scripts
- Ability to work independently on problems and projects; and participate as part of a team.
- Experienced in implementing DISA Security Technical Implementation Guidelines.
- Experienced in managing Security Vulnerability issues, remediation and reporting
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 16, 2018, 8:01:22 AM
Primary Location: United States-RI-NEWPORT
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job