General Dynamics Mission Systems (https://gdmissionsystems.com/careers/)
Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent experience is required plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree without work experience.
Department of Defense SECRET security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Buyer / Supply Chain Specialist to provide support for a critical Department of State program. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
• Sources, negotiates and issues purchase orders and other agreements for materials,services and supplies
• Ensures all procurement actions which commit the company are properly documented,reviewed and approved consistent with government regulations, policy and procedure.
• Actively manages supplier performance to meet schedule, cost, quality and other program requirements.
• Performs price or cost analysis for materials, components, equipment and services.
• Monitors the cost, schedule and scope of assigned procurements to negotiate highest quality at best value
• Acts as liaison between the Program team, other functional areas and suppliers and builds positive relationships
• Builds productive internal/external working relationships
• Interfaces with various internal and external supplier cross-functional organizations
• Identifies potential sources for required materials, and services. Develops new supply sourceswhere suppliers are no longer competitive
• Coordinates risk assessments and creates risk management plans for moderate to high risk procurements
• Participates in continuous improvement activities to drive material commonality and cost, schedule and risk reductions
• Responds to supplier inquiries and coordinates source selection decisions
• Recommends cost saving proposals or alternative sources.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Exercises good judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
• Has wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to
resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
• Developing project management skill
• Ability to work and succeed in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment while demonstrating superior communication, team building and leadership skills
• Demonstrated ability to work as an individual contributor or on a team
• Shows initiative on assignments, exercises independent judgment
• Knowledge/understanding of Government contractor purchasing requirements, Federal Acquisition Requirements/DFAR and local laws, and the ability to apply them in the procurements of commodities and services
• Strong analytical skills and ability to make decisions that enable the business to achieve their goals
• Strong negotiation skills and ability to develop win-win solutions
• Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office proficiency
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran