Joining Nestlé means joining the world?s largest food and beverage company, with business and operations in nearly every country. Unique to this Tax Manager role, you?ll sit in St. Louis, MO at our Nestlé Purina World Headquarters, although your work may expand to include ALL of our Nestlé businesses in the U.S., including Nestlé USA, Nestlé Waters, Nespresso, Nestlé HealthScience, Nestlé Dreyers Ice Cream Company, and Gerber Products Company among others.
This role is an essential part of our progressive Corporate Tax Department. The team is responsible for applying U.S., state, and local tax laws to the U.S. Nestlé operations. More specifically, you will be responsible for negotiation, and administration of property tax audits, identification and management of valuation appeals, property tax planning and compliance activities, as well as other value-add projects.
Why consider a Tax Manager position with us instead of someplace else? Our extensive portfolio of projects as one of the world?s powerhouse CPG companies; a little bit of travel (25%), but a lot of exposure to the broader business; work-life balance; and a growing team with exciting career advancement opportunities. With the tremendous growth of agile and innovative opportunities across the entire business, this is an extraordinarily exciting time to join Nestlé.
- Apply value-added strategies to property tax compliance activities, including data analysis and tax law application.
- Secure relevant property tax exemptions.
- Identify and develop property tax planning opportunities.
- Negotiate and administer property tax audits and valuation appeals.
- Execute certain compliance activities.
- Prepare and review annual budgets and monthly accruals.
- Identify and negotiate property tax incentives
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- Bachelor?s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related discipline
- 5 or more years of property tax experience in a large corporate environment or within a public accounting firm is required
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
- CMI OR CPA certification is a plus
- Working experience with audit/valuation appeals
- Experience with SAP is preferred
- Experience with One Source tax software is preferred
To our veterans and separated service members?you?re at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you?ve gained while serving our country, such as adaptability, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you?ll consider sharing in our mission?you?ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran