The role of the Systems Development Specialist Senior is to design, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications. This includes designing, developing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle. Will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide support to other departments where required.
- Collaborate with analysts and designers in the development and initiation of new software programs and applications.
- Take an active role in cross-departmental projects when needed.
- Plan phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) for a variety of projects.
- Design database system to support system requirements.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Assist in the critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Provide guidance to System Development Specialists and research assistants
- Consult with client to prototype, refine, test and debug programs to meet contractual needs.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and database engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Hands on knowledge and experience working in integrated development environments, include Microsoft Team Foundation System.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems (Windows 2008, 7 or after).
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with Microsoft SQL Server database, and/or Oracle Database.
- Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies, including AJAX, HTML/CSS, WSDL, MVC, and JQuery.
- Hands-on software troubleshooting knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Knowledge and experience with specific phases of the software development life cycle, especially in system concept development, requirement analysis, design, development, integration and test, and implementation.
- Familiarity with waterfall and agile software development methodologies.
- Additional knowledge/skills may be required by contract or assignment.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor?s degree in associated discipline. Two (2) years of experience in related field may be substituted for each year of the four (4) years of college.
- Five (5) plus years? experience as a Systems Development Specialist or equivalent role.
- Additional experience education/experience may be required by contract or assignment.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Works in normal office environment.
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of off-site software installation, training, or specification development.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11246 Prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, or national origin and requires affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees treated, without regard to race, sex, color, genetic information, religion, or national origin. (Enforcement Agency: U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs).