The Systems Test Directorate vision is to be a world class leader in driving Test Affordability through the systematic application of Systems Engineering principles while ensuring an Operationally Relevant Product is delivered to the War Fighter.
Do you enjoy working with your hands on mechanical hardware and electrical instruments?
Are you energized by working with teams?
As a Technical Support Engineer, the candidate will perform a variety of technical tasks in the field of environmental test and will oversee the operation of commercial environmental test equipment in support of engineering development programs. The candidate will work with multidiscipline teams to perform hands on environmental testing.
Environmental Test (ET) is an engineering organization that supports most engineering programs across Raytheon Missile Systems. The organization provides test capability for every phase of the product life cycle from prototype to production. Environmental testing includes mechanical shock, electrodynamic vibration, salt fog and climatic environments such as temperature, humidity, and altitude
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for executing a variety of environmental tests while collaborating in a team environment with fellow ET Support Engineers, ET Test Engineers, and internal customers. The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for all aspects of the test including setup, control, monitoring, and data collection. As needed the support engineer will perform troubleshooting of both the equipment and test setup. The candidate will work with the team to determine the best methods for implementing tests to meet customer requirements. The Technical Support Engineer will report to the Environmental Test Operations Manager within the Systems Test Directorate. The candidate will work in a Multi-Program Closed Area.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Performing the set up and operation of mechanical shock test and electrodynamic vibration test systems.
- Performing the set up and operation of climatic environmental chambers in support of testing for temperature, humidity, altitude and Highly Accelerated Life Tests (HALT).
- Performing the set up and programming of all control and data acquisition systems as well as the selection, placement, and operation of all instrumentation, signal conditioning, and data acquisition systems.
- Overseeing the execution of various vibration test methods including random, sine, shock, sine-on-random, random-on-random and drop shock, as defined in Mil-Std-810.
- Safeguarding of classified/proprietary material, hardware and documentation.
- The ideal candidate is a motivated hands-on, self-starter who cheerfully accepts work assignments and diligently drives to complete them. They are creative and innovative, possessing coordination, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- A Bachelor?s Degree in a technical or non-technical discipline
- US citizenship
- 4 years of relevant experience
- Experience working with mechanical hardware and electrical instruments
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft office tools including: MS Word and MS Excel
- Experience troubleshooting computers, networks, and servers
- This position requires the ability to obtain a DOD Secret security clearance
- Required: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.Check us out on YouTube:
- High situational awareness and ability to effectively work multiple projects simultaneously
- Hands on mechanical, electrical, and computer skills
- Good communication and teaming skills to work with diverse groups and customers
- Experience working with instrumentation, signal conditioners, and data acquisition systems.
- Knowledge of how to program PID control systems
- Familiarity with Mil-Std-810
- Computer and software troubleshooting experience
- Experience using electronics equipment such as Oscilloscopes and DMM/DVOMs.
- Technical writing experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.