This Windows System Engineer position will be part of a team responsible for supporting the development and maintenance of a custom IT network. An ideal candidate should have experience in many of required technical skills below. This position will work in a competitive environment and be responsible for working through all aspects of Life Cycle development.
Required Technical Skills:
Desired Technical Skills:
- Solid background in Systems Administration using Windows desktop and server operating systems (7/2008R2 and newer);
- Experience with various computing hardware and software platforms, including servers, workstations, and numerous COTS software applications;
- Experience installing, configuring, hardening, and maintaining Window servers, performing software installations and upgrades to operating systems and COTS applications;
- Experience installing, configuring, managing, and troubleshooting Windows Server Update Services (WSUS);
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, including GPO management, DNS, OU management, etc.;
- Experience hardening Windows platforms via GPOs using STIGs or other system hardening baselines;
- Understanding of basic network engineering fundamentals, including: OSI layers, IP addressing, sub-netting, TCP/IP stack, VLANs, DHCP, etc.;
- Experience with typical VMware products (vSphere, vCenter, ESXi) and overall virtualization implementations;
- Ability to travel (CONUS) up to 10% of the time;
- No U.S. Government clearance is required, but candidate must have the ability to obtain a TS/SCI;
- Must be able to attain and maintain a DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (CISSP or Security+ preferred).
Key responsibilities and soft skills for the qualified candidate include:
- Experience installing, configuring, managing, tuning, and troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange 2010 or newer;
- Ability to monitor and tune the system to achieve optimum levels of performance;
- Understanding of Active Directory Site and Services, Replication and Domain/Forest hierarchies;
- Experience installing, configuring, managing, and troubleshooting System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM);
- Experience with scanning machines for vulnerabilities;
- Experience with Storage Area Networks (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) devices;
- Familiarity with automated test software including load testing and security testing;
- Experience with command-line interfaces (Powershell, Bash, etc.).
Education:Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics and minimum of three (3) years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted for education.
- Working with other engineers to brainstorm solutions to complex problems;
- Willingness to learn new technologies and applications as required;
- Strong passion for the cyber security industry;
- Demonstrated experience implementing computer security;
- Ability to adapt both an offensive and defensive mindset to support securing information systems;
- Ability to work with limited supervision; must be a self-starter with initiative;
- Ability to research and create detailed computing system documentation and operational guides/procedures;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with a diverse user community in quick-response situations;
- Understanding of the concepts of Information Assurance.