Raytheon Company Space and Airborne Systems business unit is seeking a highly motivated, Digital Design FPGA Lead Engineer to work on Electronic Warfare and Radio Communication products for defense applications. The position will be located in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
The candidate is responsible for leading a team developing FPGA level requirements derived from system level requirements, developing associated architectures, implementing VHDL design, performing VHDL or SystemVerilog simulation, synthesis, timing analysis, and testing of the FPGA in a laboratory setting. He/she will be familiar with latest technology trend in the area of FPGA VHDL design, VHDL or SystemVerilog verification, microprocessor, memory, and interface protocols. The candidate will work in the product development team environment with system, mechanical, and software engineers. This position may require occasional business related travel.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in digital hardware FPGA design and verification, or minimum 6 years with a related Master?s degree
- US Citizenship Required
- Experience with Mentor Graphics, Synopsys, or Cadence Simulation Tools
- Experience with Xilinx, Altera, Lattice, or Microsemi FPGA Development tools
- Hands-on experience in testing of products using logic analyzer, high-speed oscilloscopes, signal generators, or FPGA debugging tools
- Experience with interfaces and bus standards such as: VME, PCI, PCIe, VPX, or Gb Ethernet
- Knowledge of embedded processors and SOC development for FPGA devices
- Knowledge of FPGA design implementation with VHDL design language
- Possess skills to handle fast pace and dynamic product development environment
- Strong team leader with good interpersonal skills as well as excellent written/verbal communication skills
- U.S. Citizenship status is required
- 5 or more years experience as a Team Leader (FPGA Team Lead, Project Leader,...)
- 3 or more years experience supporting Bid & Proposals and/or Cost Account Manager role
- Strong understanding and experience with Earned Value Management
- Strong understanding and experience with Configuration Management tools
Required EducationBachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering Desired EducationAdvanced degrees in related fields or technology a plus This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
- Designing for Defense Electronics
- Active or Recent Security Clearance
- Military Service
- Knowledge of C, Perl, or Python for Scripting
- Digital Signal Processing
- FPGA Development with Linux Operating System
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.