The Electrical Engineer will develop FPGA designs for all major vendors and device families including: Xilinx, Altera, Lattice, and Microsemi. Designs are implemented using VHDL and support the following type of applications: gigabit serial interfaces, Radio Frequency (RF) and Electro-Optical (EO) Digital Signal Processing (DSP), control loops, data links, embedded processing, and processor interfaces. As a configurable logic designer you will work with circuit card designers and systems engineers to develop requirements, select parts, architect the device, perform code development, simulations, and place and route. Designs are verified against requirements using both directed test and constrained random methodologies and are supported from requirements definition through integration and test, and eventually production. Configuration management of the design is maintained throughout the entire design process.
Required: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Ability to apply advanced digital design knowledge and principles to complex designs
- Proficient at using a hardware description language such as VHDL, Verilog, or System Verilog
- Proficient with FPGA timing constraints and timing closure
- Proficient with digital toolsets and backend vendor tools
- Proficient with a software or scripting language
- Ability to take a design from concept to production
- Ability to collaborate and work with other disciplines
- Ability to solve integration issues and determine root cause
- Self-directed ? Able to complete tasks with minimum oversight
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Cross discipline knowledge such as software, digital signal processing, etc.
- Digital Signal Processing and simulation using MATLAB or equivalent
- Experience applying fixed-point analysis and conversion of floating point algorithms
- Experience with embedded systems design utilizing Microblaze, NIOS, and ARM processors
- Knowledge of encryption/decryption standards such as AES, RSA, ECC, etc.
- Knowledge of industry standard interfaces and protocols such as AXI, PCIe, SPI, I2C, etc.
- Integration experience with FPGA based systems
- Knowledge of ASIC design flow and process
- Familiarity with advanced verification techniques
- Ability to manage and trace requirements.
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Science or Mathematics with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
This position requires the successful issuance, transfer or maintenance of any clearances and/or accesses necessary for the position. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Additional detail regarding security clearance factors can be obtained by accessing the DISCO website at Check us out on YouTube
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.