This is a multi-level position that can be a salary grade G08 (CF94) or G09 (CF97) based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibilities required for the position.
Internal Factory Quality Engineer
The steward of the Quality Management System, our Quality Professionals are involved in every stage of product delivery, from design to field support to program management. Our world-class Quality Professionals exhibit critical and systemic thinking, develop metrics and measures to verify and improve performance, and design ways to improve our products and processes. Our team embraces new, complex challenges. We are the Customer’s conscience.
The Raytheon Missile System’s Q&MA Mission is to “Prevent, Protect, and Improve”. Prevent defects, non-compliances, and escapes. Protect the integrity of the Quality Management System and the Raytheon brand. Improve continuously our products, processes, and tools.
This position is assigned one of our many internal factories. The ideal candidate will work within integrated teams to analyze, control and improve product quality by conducting the following activities:
* Systematically translate, analyze, and prioritize customer needs, legal and contractual requirements, and company policy and objectives into quality performance standards and operational definitions for the affected performing organizations
* Analyze/validate measurement system capability for accuracy, repeatability, reproducibility, and stability over time
* Analyze product performance using statistical methods to understand root cause, identify significant variances to predicted/targeted values
* Perform analysis of nonconformities to: characterize causes as routine (common) or exceptional (special); and develop effective containment and elimination plans
* Integrate performance and conformance verifications such as First Articles and audits throughout value stream processes to prevent quality escapes, optimize throughput and assure on-time delivery of products and services
* Predict quality of products/services, processes and other key work system elements using historical, empirical and/or theoretical data in operational and statistical models
* Assure clear identification, physical control and competent disposition of nonconformities
* Facilitate corrective actions, closed loop process controls and continuous improvement methods to improve product/process predictability and capability
* Manage the interface and sell-off of products to downstream operations or end-item customer quality representatives
* Minimum of four (4) years related Quality, Manufacturing and Engineering experience
* Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional process improvement teams with technical expertise
* Competency in a relevant technical discipline with understanding of engineering principles and design analysis techniques
* Demonstrate ability to develop and implement robust process controls
* Demonstrate ability to identify root cause and initiate/implement effective short-term and long-term corrective actions
* Experience in development/usage of Quality metrics that may be used to drive true root cause and long-term corrective action, and in the identification/institution of perceptive verifications
* Knowledge of descriptive statistics and statistical control methodologies
* Demonstrate ability to comprehend and translate external and internal requirements into effective work instructions for various internal functions
* Demonstrate ability to understand drawings, work instructions, Bill of Materials (BOMs), consumable materials control, process disciplines and tool control
* Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication and networking skills to work with all levels of the company and customer community
* Ability to obtain a Secret clearance
* Demonstrated knowledge of key process characteristics and ability to implement effective process control techniques in one or more of the following Special Processes:
Additive Manufacturing; Anodizing; Bonding/Adhesives; Brazing; Coating; Crimping; Heat Treating; Painting; Plating; Printed Circuit Board Fabrication; Sealing; Sintering; Soldering; Torque; Welding
* Ability to exercise sound judgment and apply decision–making skills with appropriate supervisory intervention
* Strong familiarity with ISO 9001 and/or AS9100 quality management systems
* Six Sigma, ASQ Certifications
* Proficient in the use of pareto analysis, cause/effect diagrams, process mapping
* Experienced in Product/Process Failure Modes & Affects Analysis, Regression Analysis
* Knowledge of Measurement System Analysis and Design of Experiments
* Knowledge of Performance Specification and Requirements Management Practices
* Able to facilitate cross-functional teams in systematic improvement activities (e.g. 6-sigma, lean manufacturing)
* Manufacturing process knowledge (assembly, inspection, test)
Required Education (including Major):
B.S. in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics. Preferred degree fields are: IE, EE, ME, ChE, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science or Mathematics or similar technical field combined with relevant years of experience in related field.
Interim Clearance Required:
This position requires an interim secret security clearance before start. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.