The Patriot instructor/writer is responsible for researching subject-specific data, including engineering data, design specifications, Software Investigation Reports and Missile Command Continuation Group reports. Performs relevant actions to prepare the data for input to lesson plans, and writes the lesson plans for later instruction. During the development phase, the writer works with Raytheon engineers and customer representatives to apply appropriate instructional design principles. As an instructor, the individual is responsible for the conduct of the course, including examinations.Required Skills:
The employee will provide communication system-related Patriot instruction to U.S. and foreign customers. During course conduct, he/she must interface directly with customer representatives and be able to make independent and appropriate scheduling decisions based upon equipment availability, student requirements and other factors. During course preparation, he/she will interface with engineers and other technical personnel to perform critical training task analysis and validation of documentation. This position is located in Lawton, Oklahoma with extensive overseas travel.
- Must have documented experience of at least 2 years with the support, operation, and maintenance of the Patriot Communications Systems.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Word and Power Point.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Secret Security Clearance
Required Education (including Major):
- Must have completed one of the following US Army Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) training courses: Patriot Communications Specialist (25F/25U/31M/31R/31U) practical experience working with the Patriot System.
- Experience with PATRIOT Communications systems to include, PSC-5D Multipurpose Radio, AN/GRC-245 UHF Radios, CISCO 4500 Router, KG-194A Encryptors, Integrated Digital Operator Control System (IDOCS), Switch Multiplex Unit (SMU), Black Patch Panel, Red Patch Panel, FSK Modems, Routing Logic Radio Interface Unit (RLRIU), and Joint Tactical Information Distribution System (JTIDS) a plus.
- Familiarity with Instructional Systems Development (ISD) and Standard Approach to Training (SAT) a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers and customers.
- Technical writing experience.
- At least one year of classroom instruction experience.
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- A Bachelor?s Degree in a technical field and 2 years of relevant experience OR -an Associate?s degree in a technical field with 6 years relevant experience OR -10 years relevant experience with no Degree.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.