Cyber Security Desktop Technician (Job Number:439992)
- Utilizes COTS/GOTS and custom tools and processes/procedures in order to scan, identify, contain, mitigate and remediate vulnerabilities, and intrusions.
- Assists in the implementation of the required government policy (i.e., NISPOM, DCID 6/3), and makes recommendations on process tailoring.
- Performs analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommend additional security requirements and safeguards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily involvement with Cyber Security scanning and remediating with DoD Automated Cyber Security Tools (i.e. ACAS)
- Resolve as many user- reported problems as expertise permits using available tools and following command Cyber Security and configuration management procedures and policies
- Provide PC computer compliance and technical support for Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008/2012, software and peripherals; and support maintenance of internal custom applications
- Routine hardware set up, troubleshooting and replacement; software installation and evaluation; and use of various spreadsheet, word processing and database application programs
- Perform virus detection and cleaning to ensure a Cyber Secure environment
- Routine research and implementation of compliance solutions in strict accordance with established Cyber Security requirements established by the NIST Security Controls
- Provide accurate and timely logging of support requests and resolutions in the iET Solutions HelpDesk application, which is the primary tracking tool for all forms of technical support at NUWC
- Contribute to technical support documentation of resolutions, processes, and procedures
- Able and willing to learn new as well as existing technologies
- Be a contributing member of a Technical Team Skill-set
- Capable of demonstrating knowledge of PC hardware, applications software and peripherals
- Ability and skills to provide routine troubleshooting for hardware and software in a networked environment
- Must have experience with automated update utilities and Microsoft Windows 7/10 and Server 2008/2012 and Microsoft Office
- Experience with Linux distributions is helpful
- Excellent communication skills required
- Experience with automated desktop management tools
- Experience with WSUS (Windows Server Update Services) management is a plus
- Prior military or government experience is a plus
- H.S. diploma with 4 years' experience or a B.S. in Computer Science or a related field and 0-1 years of related experience.
- Routinely moves and transports equipment weighing up to 25 lbs. from one location to another
- Must currently have a Secret clearance and have the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- Candidate must hold a current CompTIA Security+ with CE or GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC) or Systems Security Certified Practitioner(SSCP) and a Microsoft certification.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 12, 2018, 11:28:48 AM
Primary Location: United States-RI-NEWPORT
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job