Envron Hlth & Sfty Engr Stf
Job ID: 450294BR
Date posted: Sep. 12, 2018
Description: This Lockheed Martin (LM) position reports to the corporate Energy, Environment, Safety and Health (EESH) Governance organization.
The staff Environment, Safety, and Health (ESH) engineer will analyze, develop and support the execution of various ESH compliance and governance programs for Lockheed Martin. The position interfaces directly with corporate EESH staff members, other corporate functional staff including Legal, and ESH representatives from the other business areas.
Specific job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead the Enterprise ESH Learning Solutions (EELS) team including a wide-team of cross Business Area representatives. Oversee all team activities including Identification, prioritization and implementation of ESH training that: enables employees to perform their jobs; meets compliance requirements; minimizes risks; promotes learning and development; and sustains people, places and the environment. Manage and coordinate all corporate EESH sponsored and developed training.
- Oversee the ESH Management System risk assessment process.
- Serve as the ESH Governance lead and liaison for the ESHProfiler application, an integrated tool used to help users identify applicable site ESH programs, maintain general site profile information, assess risk and schedule self-assessments.
- Support business area ESH staff in requested programs and activities.
- Implement common programs and processes across ESH function to achieve affordability, efficiency and compliance objectives.
Additional responsibilities will be assigned based on organization needs.
THIS IS A VIRTUAL POSITION; HOWEVER, SELECTEDCANDIDATE MUST BE CO-LOCATED AT A MAJOR U.S. LM SITEWITH A PREFERENCE FOR SIGNIFICANT EESH PRESENCE, e.g. Curie Court - Rockville, MD, Fort Worth, TX, Orlando, FL, Valley Forge, PA, Mt. Laurel, NJ, Sunnyvale, CA
Desired Skills: - Demonstrated strategic and analytical thinking skills
- Demonstrated experience supporting both environmental and safety and health programs
- Demonstrated management experience and oversight of budget elements
- Demonstrated success at building relationships within a team (team leader or participant)
- Experience as a team leader or participant on cross-business or cross-functional team
- Experience participating on teams or projects involving multiple business areas or multiple functions
- Knowledge of and experience with ESH management system elements
- Ability to understand complex issues and formulate plans and program objectives
- Ability to effectively engage at multiple organizational levels
- LM21 green or black belt or other continuous improvement tools and techniques knowledge
- International ESH regulations and programs experience
Basic Qualifications: - ESH-related technical education and training
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Working experience in the ESH domain required
- Experience analyzing regulatory requirements, assessing impact and implications for operations
- Experience developing associated program elements
- Experience developing written programs, plans and elements (training or command media)
- Advanced level of proficiency with computer-based tools and applications (Microsoft Office tools)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS2100 ENTERPRISE BUSINESS SERVICES
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Environment Safety and Health
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: yes
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day