Staff RF Engineer / Hardware in the Loop RF Engineer / Grand Prairie, TX
Job ID: 451000BR
Date posted: Sep. 12, 2018
City: Grand Prairie
Program: E&T and RF Engineers
Description: Lockheed Martin in Grand Prairie, TX is seeking a Hardware in the Loop RF design engineer to support a major missile program.
The successful candidate will have direct experience in designing, developing, building, and operating stand-alone RF radar Test Set and be familiar with all aspects of airborne radar hardware and software operation.
The candidate must have direct experience in integrating DRFM technologies into a real-time, Hardware-In-the-Loop, RF target simulators. Must be familiar with DRFM hardware, software, firmware, design, and operating principles. Must be familiar with high frequency (C-band, X-band, Ka-band) RF devices such as mixers, filters, signal synthesizers, and signal analyzers.
Candidate must be familiar with current test set environment design and operations (such as LabView) and be able to use test equipment to support troubleshooting and failure investigation in support of production manufacturing as well as developmental engineering.
The successful candidate will work in the Hardware in the Loop (HWIL) Lab and will be responsible for integrating, operating, and troubleshooting RF systems.
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor of Science or a Master of Science in Electrical Engineering and have a demonstrated experience in Radio Frequency Radar & Microwave technologies as well as Radar applications.
Candidate must possess good oral presentation, interpersonal communication, and technical writing skills. The candidate should be a self-starter and be able to work under minimum direction. The candidate must have the ability to work well in a team environment.
Travel to Lockheed Martin production facilities, supplier?s facilities, and customer facilities will be required. Approximately 6 trips per year.
Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
Desired Skills: - Familiarity with RF circuit design and components
- Ability to develop RF system and subsystem performance requirements
- Cadence and CST design tool experience
- Familiar with typical business practices
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint skills
Basic Qualifications: - Must currently have a Secret clearance or be able to obtain one
- Experience designing, developing, building, and operating stand-alone RF radar Test Set and be familiar with all aspects of airborne radar hardware and software operation
- Experience in integrating DRFM technologies into a real-time, Hardware-In-the-Loop, RF target simulators.
- Must be familiar with DRFM hardware, software, firmware, design, and operating principles
- Must be familiar with high frequency (C-band, X-band, Ka-band) RF devices such as mixers, filters, signal synthesizers, and signal analyzers.
- Demonstrated experience in Radio Frequency Radar & Microwave technologies as well as Radar applications
- Ability to travel to Lockheed Martin production facilities, supplier?s facilities, and customer facilities as required
- Ability to work well in an interdisciplinary environment
- Clear, confident, concise, coherent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS0385 MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Electrical Engineering
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day