Nestle USA (www.NestleUSACareers.com)
As one of "The World's Most Admired Food Companies" in Fortune magazine, Nestlé provides quality brands that bring flavor to life every day. The Nestlé Dreyer's Ice Cream division serves to provide world class service to frozen grocery accounts across the country. Products include industry leading brands such as DIGIORNO pizza, DRUMSTICK ice cream snacks, and HӒAGEN-DAZS premium ice cream.
The Trade Assets program places freezer equipment at Nestlé grocery store customers to gain incremental revenue while demonstrating sound safety practices. The Scan Based Trading (SBT) program allows Nestlé to receive payment based on scanned sales instead of delivered inventory. The program also eliminates product being check in at the back door, allowing for open delivery windows, more efficient routing, and elimination of paper transactions.
A Hybrid SBT Auditor/Asset Mover's primary function is to move and refurbish, including cleaning, decaling and placing Nestlé freezer equipment for grocery store customers. The position loads and unloads equipment from trucks, organizes and replenishes stock, accurately selects, and loads freezers to support the demand of daily sales orders in a safe and efficient manner. Hybrids work directly with store managers and store personnel to ensure a high level of customer service is provided in retail accounts. These responsibilities comprise a majority of the roles time and requires driving to grocery store customers in a company vehicle. Additionally, this position provides auditing services to our Scan Based Trading customers and distributor teams within a defined geography, ensuring inventories are kept up to date. This will require travel to grocery store customers in a personal vehicle, for which mileage reimbursement will be provided per company policy.
- Demonstrate Decision Driving skills including, but not limited to, proper following distance, proper eye lead, proper stopping distance, checking intersections, using safety wedge, proper use of horn, left/ right turn execution, seat belt use, checking and scanning mirrors, maintaining proper speed, proper lane observance, parking in appropriate locations and avoiding backing-up. Keep a clean and orderly cab and trailer.
- Ensure that all freezers, materials, and supplies are properly received, inspected, stored, and loaded in compliance with warehouse principles. Optimize the loading of the carrying aid and use optimal handling technique (known as Time-to-Sell processes) to maximize productivity. Accurately complete placement contracts in a neat, accurate and legible manner.
- Communicate with customers by name during deliveries, and exhibit a professional, polite and assertive demeanor. Respond to customer requests, and forward customer requests on to sales representative or management as needed.
- Follow prescribed travel path, adjusting to mitigate delay only when necessary, and communicate to sales personnel.
- Clean and refurbish used freezer equipment. Perform clean-up duties in warehouse and yard areas.
- Complete scheduled freezer equipment inventories at company and distributor warehouse locations, as well as at accounts to validate equipment is at the correct location and product assortment is in compliance.
- Maintain and manage Nestlé Freezer certification process.
- Audit all Ice Cream and Pizza products in SBT accounts and enter audits into handheld accurately based upon required audit schedule. Conduct store surveys dictated through handheld device during SBT and equipment audits.
- Conduct activities in a safe manner, follow corporate safety guidelines and requirements (no cell phones while driving, proper bending, etc.), use personal protective equipment, proactively address any unsafe conditions observed and lock vehicle.
- Ability to practice safe working habits at all times
- Initiative: Self-starter, gets involved quickly, takes on difficult tasks with enthusiasm. Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required.
- Energy: Maintains high activity/productivity level. Operates with sense of urgency, efficiency, effectiveness and determination over extended periods of time.
- Stress Tolerance: Maintains stable and professional performance under pressure or opposition
- Detail: Strives to understand the details. Balances, analyzes and takes appropriate action. Solid planning, detail oriented and organization skills.
- Communication: Presents ideas effectively, actively listens, and works across functional boundaries with the ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and store personnel. Ability to influence others.
- Teamwork: Can work in group or alone; oriented towards the good of the whole. Contain ability to build rapport and good working relationship with multiple store personnel, including Store Managers, Assistant Store Managers and Frozen Food Managers, as well as co-workers.
- Manage job professionally and with a high level of organization
- Ability to effectively deal with change and adversity in the work place, and work in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrate ability to deliver consistent results while building organization capabilities.
- Ability to respond to change with positive attitude, offer suggestions for improvements to increase effectiveness of change, support new initiatives, and maintain an open mind.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma / GED equivalent
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable vehicle with valid insurance
- Successful completion of post offer background checks, drug screen, DOT physical and motor vehicle report
- Must live within 75 miles of primary work location
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule which may include early morning/late night hours; Willing to work any day of the week, weekends, and required over-time as specific to role
- Must possess basic math and computer skills
- Ability to use computer ordering equipment
- Ability to work safely
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Must be able to operate a Hi-Reach forklift, standard forklift, and powered pallet jacks with current certification or ability to achieve certification
- Ability to drive trucks in/out of truck bays at a Warehouse
- Pallet Jack certification preferred
- 1-2 years of Grocery/Retail experience preferred
- 1-2 years of Warehouse experience preferred
- Freezer/refrigerated environment a plus
This description should not be construed to contain every responsibility that an incumbent in this job may be required to perform. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions assigned.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.