Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a great facility in Omaha? Then join our Raytheon team of smart people solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy. Employees enjoy appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedules, are just a few of the reasons people come to work at Raytheon!
We are a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. Our latest company video is about our people, our technology, our vision, and the values we hold dear at Raytheon. Click here to view:
Note: Candidates with a current US Government Secret security clearance are eligible for a $10K sign on bonus if the clearance is confirmed and the candidate is hired by Raytheon.
The candidate must have experience and knowledge with software engineering using object oriented methodologies. The candidate will work as a software developer and integrator as part of a development team which utilizes a diverse dynamic workforce, including many experts in their fields throughout the design, development and maintenance life cycle.
Basic Qualifications - Required Experience, Skills:
- Developing new functional capabilities within software applications to meet a wide range of customer requirements and operational needs
- Coordinating with developers, test engineers, configuration management and system engineering to ensure successful integration with other software components.
- Responsible for performing development, integration, test and documentation duties to ensure proper operation of hardware and software platforms
- Integrating a wide variety of applications from various sources, and ensuring they meet performance standards for stability and resource utilization
- Develop software as necessary to tailor reusable software code and to integrate between components, perform new capabilities, to facilitate testing, etc.
- Adhere to accepted standards for development, including writing unit tests which provide a high percentage of code coverage, participating in peer code reviews, and generating test plans to ensure maximum stability and quality of code
Desired Experience, Skills, Knowledge:
- A minimum of a BA/BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or an applicable engineering or technical subject.
- Two or more years of experience with Object Oriented Analysis (OOA) and Object Oriented Design (OOD).
- Proficiency in Windows and Unix or Linux
- Knowledge and understanding of software development life cycles
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance - candidate must be able to pass a National Agency Check (NAC).
Required Education (including Major): Bachelor of Science, BS in a Math, Science or Engineering related fieldThis position requires the ability to obtain a government security clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
- Current Secret security clearance highly desired
- Experience in React, Backbone and Git helpful, but not mandatory
- Experience and/or knowledge with Web Service design and development
- Experience and/or knowledge with Service Oriented Architecture
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.