Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a great facility in Omaha? Then join our Raytheon team of smart people solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy. Employees enjoy appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedules, are just a few of the reasons people come to work at Raytheon!
We are a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. Our latest company video is about our people, our technology, our vision, and the values we hold dear at Raytheon. Click here to view:
Note: Candidates with a current US Government Secret security clearance are eligible for a $10K sign on bonus if the clearance is confirmed and the candidate is hired by Raytheon.
Raytheon is seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer to support its Omaha, NE based program NextGen Weather Processor (NWP) and utilize Java, Microservice, and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) technologies to provide Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) solutions to government and commercial customers. Candidate will work in a team environment to support the design, code, test and delivery of new/modified functionality.
Basic Qualifications - Required Experience, Skills:
- Developing new functional capabilities within software applications to meet a wide range of customer requirements and operational needs
- Responsible for performing development, integration, automated test and documentation duties to ensure proper operation of hardware and software platforms
- Integrating a wide variety of applications from various sources, and ensuring they meet performance standards for stability and resource utilization
- Developing software as necessary to tailor reusable software code and to integrate between components, perform new capabilities, to facilitate testing, etc.
- Adhering to accepted standards for development, including writing unit tests which provide a high percentage of code coverage, participating in peer code reviews, conducting design reviews , and generating test plans to ensure maximum stability and quality of code
Desired Experience, Skills, Knowledge:
- Requires a minimum of a BA/BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or an applicable engineering or technical subject, plus a minimum of two years? work experience directly related to software development engineering.
- Two or more years directly related to software development engineering in Java. A thorough understanding of Java gained through formal training can substitute for this experience
- Two or more years of experience in software development using Object Oriented Methodologies.
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance - candidate must be able to pass a National Agency Check (NAC).
Required Education (including Major): Bachelor of Science, BS in a Math, Science or Engineering related fieldThis position requires the ability to obtain a government security clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
- One or more years of experience using Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) and/or Java Microservices architecture. A thorough understanding of ESB or Microservices gained through formal training can substitute for this experience.
- Experience with web services and OGC
- Experience with functional and load test tools such as SoapUI and LoadUI
- Experience with secure-coding
- Experience developing and/or supporting solutions for weather and meteorological science
- Experience in JSON, Eclipse IDE, database, and/or Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) a plus.
- Experience in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or OpenGL technologies a plus.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.