Raytheon Albuquerque is part of Raytheon Missile Systems? (RMS?) Naval and Area Mission Defense (NAMD) product line, providing comprehensive expertise in high power electromagnetics (HPEM); pulsed power engineering, diagnostics and effects testing; radio frequency (RF) and particle code simulation; airborne flight test and satellite systems support and tracking; large facility operations, maintenance, and engineering; sensor development and diagnostics; control and data acquisition systems; software and automation; materials fabrication, assembly, processing and coating; quality engineering; and document production, imaging and management. Key growth opportunities include the integration of directed energy weapons with combat platforms. Raytheon Albuquerque is also a leader in development of linear accelerator technology for government and commercial applications.
Job Description: The successful candidate will develop technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems related to the design, integration and test of mechanical sub-systems that will be integrated into directed energy products. The candidate will work under limited supervision while determining and developing independent solutions to meet overall design objectives. This position requires frequent interaction and coordination with electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, scientists, external customers, and a wide variety of support staff. Using a variety of software tools, the candidate will be responsible for stages of mechanical design that span the full range of the design process. The candidate will be expected to generate concepts, develop and analyze designs, test prototypes, and integrate subsystems into larger directed energy systems.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mechanical design of components in pulsed power and high power microwave systems.
- microwave tubes (advanced materials & processing)
- vacuum systems
- pressurized gas/hydraulic systems
- control systems
- platform interfaces
- compact packaging for military environments
Required Skills and Education:6+ years of experience in mechanical design, analysis, and testingBachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, or equivalent2+ years of experience with Solidworks CAD solids modeling tools and analysis tools2+ years of experience with tolerance analysis and Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing applicationsActive Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain a Secret ClearanceDesired Skills and Education:Master of Science Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or equivalentAbility to work independently and be a self-starterDemonstrated ability to successfully lead technical engineering teamsStrong written and oral communication skills including the ability to present material to customersExpertise in mechanical design, sub-systems packaging, thermal, vibration and structural analysisProficiency with ANSYS FEA and CFD toolsSpecific experience in high power microwave systems, pulsed power and HPM system experimentation and data analyses, diagnostic instrumentation and vacuum equipment.Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Analysis of pulsed power and high power microwave system components? mechanical performance when exposed to
- structural/shock/vibration loads
- thermal/temperature loads
- pressure loads
- humidity extremes
- Verify the mechanical performance of components in pulsed power and high power microwave systems through testing and inspection.
- Collaborate and coordinate with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, scientists, technicians, and support staff
- Coordinate with physicists and engineers to determine mechanical system requirements
- Coordinate with technicians to build and test mechanical designs
- Coordinate with support staff to manage procurement, security and safety requirements
- Coordinate with other mechanical engineers to develop and review designs and interface with other mechanical systems
- Support and participate in team meetings, design reviews, engineering review boards, and configuration control boards
- Coordinate with team leadership (program management, chief engineer, sub-team leads) to develop costs and schedules and to assess technical risks and opportunities
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.