If you want career growth, to use cutting edge technologies, competitive benefits such as retirement savings program in addition to 401k matching, end of year paid holiday shutdown, and flexible work schedules, Raytheon is the company for you.
Put your mark on history today by joining Raytheon, and becoming part of "one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place"! Apply Today!
The Private Cloud System Administrator position will participate in the installation, configuration, operation, and support of private cloud IT infrastructure at the Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) McKinney location. The candidate will need to be forward thinking, looking for ways to apply new technologies to shape the future of SAS IT support in Texas and throughout the organization.
Although the Private Cloud System Administrator position is within a larger IT team, the candidate is expected to work well on his or her own with only general direction. The candidate is expected to be self-directed, able to multi-task and prioritize work, have excellent verbal and communication skills, be customer focused, and be organized. The candidate is expected to lead and participate on projects focused on the smooth transition to production by performing operational activities within the project life-cycle. The candidate will need to have experience in solving technical solutions over a wide range of complex issues.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Active Secret Clearance, with ability to obtain a TS
- Minimum of 4 years system administration experience in Windows and Linux environments supporting business critical systems on server and desktop operating systems (Server 2012, Server 2016, Windows 7, Windows 10, Red Hat Linux)
- Experience providing technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
- Automation of tasks via script or configuration control tools (ie PowerShell, Python, Perl, Chef, Puppet)
- Knowledge of security controls for classified systems (NISPOM, JSIG, etc)
- Demonstrated proficiency in deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting core Windows Server systems and capabilities, including Active Directory management
- Strong knowledge of AD, DHCP, DNS, LDAP, CIFS, print services, and Windows system security
- Demonstrated proficiency in deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting core Linux capabilities including Active Directory authentication, permission management, DNS, Samba, package management, and NFS.
- Strong communication skills and customer interaction skills with users of all levels
- Demonstrated proficiency in deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting ESXi and vCenter.
Minimum Education Required:
- Familiarity with SAN storage equipment, such as NetApp, to include file replication, file system tuning, upgrading and configuration
- Knowledge of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) methodologies
- Experience in supporting thin clients and desktop virtualization (VDI) for end-user access to engineering and office applications
- Experience with cloud orchestration tools such as VMware vCloud, Pivotal Foundry
- Knowledge of software DevOps Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange environments
- Experience with network support to include security controls, Cisco UCS and Cisco Nexus
- Security+ certification
- Active TS clearance
or in lieu of Bachelor's degree in STEM , 14 years of relevant experience U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math and 6 years of relevant experience.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.