Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Texas? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
Our Cityline facility in Richardson, TX has been open for 2 years and has many amenities that create work and life balance. On site we have a 24/7 fitness facility, health center, massage therapist, relaxation rooms, cafeteria, learning center, collaboration rooms, fun space that includes foosball and pool tables, and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, special event to include Popcorn Thursdays, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, 401K match; flexible work schedules, are just a few of the reasons people come to work at Cityline. Plus there are lot of trendy area restaurants and shopping within blocks of our site with shuttle service to help you get there!
If you have technical knowledge in software engineering and system development (DevOps, Cloud, or Cybersecurity) and the desire to learn and grow in a company with over 60,000 global employees, then Raytheon is worth the time to explore.
US Citizenship is required.
Raytheon is seeking a talented System Engineer for our portfolio of programs at our Cityline/Richardson, TX location. The System Engineer, at either the system, subsystem or component level, will contribute to a team of systems engineers in the accomplishment of engineering tasks in an iterative development environment. The candidate will provide technical direction and clarification of requirements to software development teams, and test personnel.
Typical responsibilities include:
• System engineering analyses including trade studies, system architecture development, use case development, requirements definition and derivation, interface definition, and requirement validation and verification.
• Supporting definition of operations concepts and procedure planning / development; while interfacing with personnel from other organizations, attending technical interchange meetings with team members and other program personnel, that represent the organization in matters pertaining to the development of projects.
• Providing status on assigned Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) tasks
• Document review and resolve technical systems engineering and integration issues
• Support of ECP efforts as required while managing time and resources in order to meet assigned deadlines.
This position is located at our Cityline campus in Richardson, TX
Must be a U.S. CITIZEN with an active Top Secret with Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) clearance
Requires the aptitude to:
• Apply extensive technical expertise in Systems Engineering
• Full knowledge of other related disciplines
• Develop technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
• Work without appreciable direction
• Exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment
• Guide the successful completion of major programs and function in a project leadership role
• Represent the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects
• Interact with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations
• 5 years, knowledge of/or experience with Systems Engineering technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques
• 5 years, System Engineering experience on a large government software development contract
• Working knowledge of ICD 503
• Ability to work in a collaborative, multi-discipline environment to produce deliverable products
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to the identify, manage, and mitigate technical risk
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools, particularly Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of at least three of the following systems engineering functions:
- requirements development and management,
- system design,
- interface definition and control,
- integration and test
• Willing to work overtime and weekends as required to achieve milestones
• Proven ability to collaborate with internal company contacts as well as inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle models (waterfall and Agile) and program lifecycle modes
• Experience in integration, and/or verification and validation
• Experience developing DoDAF / MoDAF architecture artifacts using System Architect/Rhapsody/MagicDraw or equivalent
• Experience in CONOPS / OPSCON development, especially in workflow related area to this domain
• Experience analyzing and decomposing requirements using DOORS
• Knowledge of Cost Account Management (CAM)
• Knowledge of Earn Value Management System (EVMS)
• Qualified Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist or equivalent
6 years with a BS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math or related technical degree; 4 years with a MS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math or related technical degree
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.