The Hardware in the Loop (HWIL) RF Systems Department consists of >100 engineers and has the responsibility to design, develop, and maintain complex engineering test systems (missile flight simulators) that operate real-time and closed-loop with the weapon’s hardware and software.
This position is for a Senior Electrical Engineer II, G09, who has the educational and professional experience in electronics design, development, and integration of digital circuit card assemblies and chassis. The candidate will be working within an integrated product team to deliver complex test solutions. The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the design, to include design presentations, testing against requirements, documentation, and final customer acceptance.
- Ability to obtain a DoD issued security clearance
- Greater than 6 years of applicable professional engineering experience
- Experience developing requirements for circuit card assemblies
- Experience using Schematic Capture tools
- Experience using electronic circuit analysis tools
- Experience with digital interfaces such as RS422, etc.
- Experience working within a cross functional team
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Required Education:Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or equivalent professional experienceThis position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
- Experience in high speed interfaces such as Rocket IO
- Experience with signal integrity of digital signals including grounding and shielding techniques
- Experience writing and integrating firmware
- Understanding of computer architecture and computer hardware optimization techniques
- Knowledge or course work in radar, signal & image processing, digital communications, or control theories
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.