Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS), a business unit of Raytheon Company responsible for producing cutting edge technology for space and airborne systems is seeking an FPGA developer with minimum 8+ years? of experience. Seeking an FPGA design Principal Electrical Engineer to work as a resident engineer at the customer site (Draper Lab located in Cambridge, MA). The primary responsibilities will be the design and development of custom PCB based solutions, using FPGAs and Embedded System on Chip (SoC) devices. As an FPGA / digital design engineer you will be responsible for designing, modeling, simulating, integrating, and testing new FGPA based designs targeting high-speed communications and embedded applications. This job will require you to be familiar with all aspects of the FPGA design process including but not limited to design, simulation, build, implementation, test and integration using FPGA development environments and industry standard development flows using all major FPGA vendors such as Xilinx, Intel (Altera) or Microsemi (Actel).
You will be joining a diverse project team (circuit card designers, systems engineers, and software engineers) responsible for the design, development, and integration of high speed digital test equipment and PCB based test solutions for systems, sub-systems, and components of the Trident Program within Raytheon?s Space and Airborne Systems (SAS). A qualified candidate will be expected to interpret system requirements, technical data packages, and/or test requirements and translate them into new FPGA based test system designs which may include environmental testing, fault detection / fault isolation, and design for test analysis.
- Minimum 8+ years? experience with digital design, with a solid understanding and experience of the FPGA development environments and FPGA development tool flows
- Minimum 3+ years? experience leading teams in FPGA developments
- Experience at the architectural level designing and implementing complex embedded systems
- Experience with end-to-end FPGA development cycle including designing from customer requirements, implementation, integration and test
- Experience with advance verification techniques using SystemVerilog, QuestaSim UVM framework or similar
- Experience with industry standard collaboration tools and techniques such as Jira software, Confluence, Subversion
- Hands-on experience in testing of products using logic analyzer, high-speed oscilloscopes, signal generators, or FPGA debugging tools
- Knowledge of embedded processors, SOC development, IP creation and integration
- Strong team leader with good interpersonal skills as well as excellent written/verbal communication skills
- 5 or more years? experience as a Team Leader (FPGA Team Lead, Project Leader,...)
- 3 or more years? experience supporting Bid & Proposals and/or Cost Account Manager role
- Strong understanding and experience with Earned Value Management
- Strong understanding and experience with Configuration Management tools
- Experience designing circuit cards with large FPGAs and Processors
- Familiarity with circuit card assembly (CCA) and final assembly and test manufacturing processes
- Ability to handle a dynamic environment and to coordinate actions, fast learner. Demonstrates initiative, ability to work independently towards program goals.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplined team, providing technical and schedule status to management, customers and fellow team members.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Secret Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
- Experience with a wide variety of FPGA families including: Xilinx, Altera, Lattice, and Microsemi.
- Experience with high speed signal integrity design including clock generation, high speed serial links (SERDES, PCI-Express, etc.).
- Hands-on experience with Signal Integrity analysis tools such as HyperLynx, PSPICE, HSPICE, Ansoft tools, Power Integrity (PI), etc.
- Experience with performing FPGA timing analysis and defining timing constraints
- Knowledge of C/C++ programming
- Excellent hands on debugging and problem solving skills using lab equipment and software tools such as ChipScope and HardwareManager.
- Experience using VHDL simulation tools such as QustaSim/ModelSim.
- Experience using synthesis tools such as Synplify.
- Experience in back-end tools including Xilinx ISE/Vivado or Altera Quartus.
- Experience with incorporating third party IP into FPGA designs such as Ethernet.
- Experience with UVM and Mentor Graphics UVM framework
- Knowledge of embedded systems using Microblaze and ARM processor
- Experience with scripting languages such as Shell, Perl, Python and utilities such as Make, Tcl, etc.
- Familiarity with circuit card design, implementation, integration, and test
BS or higher degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent; advanced degree a plus
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.