Job Title: Senior IT Project Manager - Contractor
Req ID: 103435BR
Location(s): Harlow or Glenrothes
Function: Information Technology
Summary of Role
Raytheon UK has an opportunity for an experienced Senior IT Project Manager to join the
Information Technology function, taking full responsibility for the successful end to end
management of key transformational IT projects. The Senior IT Project Manager will have the
overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, monitoring, controlling,
reporting and closure of Raytheon UK IT projects.
The IT function is responsible for the delivery of IT services to all UK based divisions to
successfully enable our expanding business and assure operational delivery of critical
functions and services that are reliant on all aspects of technology to drive revenue growth,
improve business efficiency, reduce risk and maximise Raytheon customer engagement and
· Manages all aspects of multiple highly complex projects concurrently from initiation
· Develops and implements comprehensive project plans, encompassing project team
structure and resource assignment, implementation, testing and training plans, creating of
a control plan identifying both business process metrics and IT platform quality
requirements and ensuring successful transition to support.
· Owns all project risk; including time, budget, and scope, and the associated plans to
contain and/or mitigate risk.
· Ensures project quality, schedule and budget objectives are met and deployed solutions
deliver targeted business value.
· Monitors and controls resources, revenue and capital costs against the project budget
and manages expectations of all project stakeholders.
· Takes full end to end responsibility for the definition, documentation and successful
completion of IT projects.
· Selects the appropriate methods, tools and artefacts within the Raytheon IT IPDS delivery
methodology, ensuring that effective project control, change control, risk management
and testing processes are maintained in line with agreed governance.
· Identifies project resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party
contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
· Liaises and communicates effectively with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
· Forecasts resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
· Sets and continually manages project expectations with team members, identifying and
resolving issues and conflicts where they arise.
· Plans and schedules project timelines and milestones using Microsoft Project, and tracks
and reports project milestones and deliverables.
· Develops and delivers progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and
· Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential risks, and develops
and delivers associated contingency plans.
· Ensure all projects are delivered to governance, compliance, and security requirements.
· Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
· Report and escalate project risks to management and governance function as needed.
Demonstrable Skills and Levels - SFIA Foundation Definitions
· Autonomy - Works under general direction within a clear framework of accountability.
Exercises substantial personal responsibility and autonomy. Plans own work to meet
given objectives and processes.
· Influence - Influences customers, suppliers and partners at account level. May have
some responsibility for the work of others and for the allocation of resources. Participates
in external activities related to own specialism. Makes decisions which influence the
success of projects and team objectives.
· Complexity - Work includes a broad range of complex technical or professional activities,
in a variety of contexts. Investigates, defines and resolves complex issues.
· Business Skills - Selects appropriately from applicable standards, methods, tools and
applications. Communicates fluently, orally and in writing, and can present complex
information to both technical and non-technical audiences. Facilitates collaboration
between stakeholders who share common objectives. Plans, schedules and monitors
work to meet time and quality targets. Rapidly absorbs new information and applies it
effectively. Maintains an awareness of developing technologies and their application and
takes some responsibility for driving own development.
· Prior experience in Project Management within defence or highly regulated technical
industry, ideally within global environments and/or global matrix organisations.
· Demonstrable senior project management skills including project initiation, scoping,
resourcing, scheduling, budgeting, risk management and communication.
· Capable of leading complex technology projects; e.g., multiple stakeholders, teams of
greater than 5 people, of greater than 6 months duration, and greater than £0.5m in
· Proven experience of full lifecycle management of IT Programmes and Projects from
inception to delivery, especially solution identification, design, pricing, risk management
and early project definition before transition into service operation.
· Experience of the critical project to service transition phase and associated early lifecycle
· Proven experience of Program and Project Management Best Practice.
· Ability to understand complex systems and business processes and define requirements
· Experience of operating effectively under the governance of a PMO structure.
· Excellent communication skills - written, verbal, presentation and influencing, at all levels
within an organisation.
· Solid experience of delivering complex technical projects across the IT domain.
· High level of proficiency in MS Project, Team Foundation, or other robust
scheduling/schedule presentation tools.
· Proficient in the use of all MS Office tools.
· 5 years+ experience in project management.
· PRINCE 2 and/or PMP certifications.
· Bachelor?s degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Science, or Mathematics
· SC cleared or the ability to become SC cleared.
· Ideally experienced with process quality methodology and ITIL.
· Business experience of technology consulting, managed and professional services in
commercial or public sector organisations.
· Master?s degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Engineering, Science, or