Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Colorado? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
Our facility in Aurora, CO offers amenities that create work and life balance. On site we have a 24/7 fitness facility, health center, cafeteria, collaboration rooms and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Additionally, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few. Click here to view a brief video and learn more:
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) has an immediate opening for a Sr Principal Software Engineer. We've begun our journey into DevOps and we need your help to accelerate adoption! The qualified candidate will have a keen interest in DevOps philosophies, background implementing systems utilizing DevOps practices, and a blend of skills from architect to technologist, with strong business acumen. The position is hands-on; therefore, the successful candidate will have strong implementation, diagnostic, and leadership skills.
• Ensure common DevOps pipeline architecture decisions are implemented consistently across program teams
•Design, implement, and understand business processes and automation to help programs mature DevOps process
• Develop and deliver DevOps Overview and in-depth training to team members from all functions and disciplines
• Use tools such as Value Stream Mapping and Maturity Assessments during engagements with programs to drive improvement
• Define the measures, metrics, and performance reporting processes to scope DevOps opportunities and assess measurable benefits
• Spearhead training and program process assessment projects to increase DevOps adoption
• Drive collaboration and open communication across functional boundaries
• Maintain current knowledge of technology landscape and developments
• Ability to travel up to 50%
• Experience leading teams in the adoption of agile or DevOps
• Experience with automated system integration and test
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across disciplines, functional areas and other business units
• Familiarity with the use of common CI/CD Pipeline Tools such as Puppet, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, test automation tools, etc.
• Strong grasp of automation tools
• Knowledge of best practices and IT operations
• Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (AWS desired)
• Understanding of Aerospace and Defense contracts, metrics, gates, etc.
Clearance Requirements: Requires a current/active TS/SCI clearance
• Experience using maturity assessment tools like VSM, DORA
• Strong knowledge of containerization technology/platform (Docker, OpenShift, PCF)
• Exposure to Information Assurance compliance to specified standards, e.g. ICD-503 or Risk Management Framework
• Ability to adapt in fast-paced and changing environment
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or Physics and 10 years of related work experience or an additional 8 years of related work experience in lieu of degree. Graduate degree preferred in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics, or Organizational Management.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.