Sr Project Manager - Network and Telecom (Job Number:439952)
IT Network and Telecom Project Manager role
- Develop scope and schedule for assigned projects.
- Gather requirements from the client based on documented service request.
- Manage the delivery of multiple project initiatives designed to enhance the network and telecom services provided to the client.
- Maintain responsibility for the overall planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and delivery of all projects prioritized in alignment with the client’s expectations and business needs.
- Key Technologies for Network include Cisco networking and switching, Cisco Software Defined Networking and WAN, Domain Name Servers (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), and Internet Protocol Address Management (IPAM) DNS, Infoblox, Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), IPSEC VPN, Remote Access Solutions (Juniper Pulse) and Firewall solutions
- Key Technologies for Telecom include understanding of common circuit types such as MPLS, VPLS, point to point, internet service dark versus lit fiber solutions.
- Key Project and Real Estate knowledge includes Project Management of office moves, new site builds (IT component of such builds), delivery of new telecom services to existing and new locations, major hardware upgrades of existing locations.
- Ensure ongoing process or system capability associated with projects and manage any changes required to meet or exceed the expectations established in project designs.
- Work with Network and Telecom Service Delivery management on the assignments and tracking of activities of consultants, analysts, specialists, and subcontractors and maintain responsibility for ensuring appropriate resources are allocated and maintained to facilitate the successful completion of multiple projects.
- Gain appropriate authorizations and approvals for assigned projects, including work order creation through submission, system design/specification, procurement, Change Approval Board participation.
- Assist with communication and coordination of cross functional teams so all activities are completed on time and all efforts happen in a coordinated manner.
- Gather vendor quotes.
- Maintain accurate and consistent electronic files and documentation.
- Provide appropriate and timely documentation to client for client to process and issue purchase orders for network or telecom work.
- Coordinate activities of sub- contractors and relocation of technical functions and capabilities.
- Interact and negotiate with contractors and subcontractors.
- Prepare/update project status reports, update tracking reports and maintain files for due diligence and financials.
- Demonstrate a proactive focus on meeting client and project requirements in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use and application of all appropriate technology as required for assigned projects.
- Generate appropriate work orders to engage other client functions for network/telecom/IT projects.
- Coordinate and track all telecom or network generated purchases.
- Collaborate with IT Security/Physical Security to determine telecom and/or network cabling requirements.
- Follow client operational guidelines.
- Ensure that all network and telecom required electrical requirements are appropriately communicated to project team for on-time installation.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of related experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and two (2) years or more experience
- Must be able to pass a California Department of Justice (DoJ) LiveScan background investigation and a detailed lifestyle law enforcement background interview.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or another relevant field and 10+ years experience.
- 7 + years of experience managing project teams consisting of domain services, identity management, directory services, PKI, system monitoring, messaging and collaboration services, mobile device management, AV services, network services, contact center services, load balancing, telecommunications engineering, and varied security services.
- Must provide hands on engineering services in one more of the disciplines listed above.
- Experience managing a team of 10 or more network engineers in varied disciplines in supporting a comprehensive network infrastructure projects.
- Requires PMP certification
- Desired certifications include GIAC, CompTIA, and Microsoft
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 13, 2018, 3:06:10 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-SANTA ANA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job