Senior Software Engineer (Job Number:440138)
SAIC is seeking a backend software engineer with experience developing RESTful services to join the dynamic team of the Identity and Data Sciences Laboratory (IDSL). The IDSL has a cutting-edge compute infrastructure and works with state of the art technologies including facial recognition and AI, applying them to new use cases. The IDSL staffs the Maryland Test Facility (MdTF; http://mdtf.org) where we carry out large scale testing of emerging technologies. The candidate will join a multi-disciplinary team composed of software engineers, data scientists, behavioral scientists and integration engineers.
- Maintain and update a flexible data collection backend to meet changing requirements.
- Write and implement new backend services.
- Interface daily with data scientists, test engineers, and front end developers
- Elicit requirements for a backend biometric collection system and analytic frameworks.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Required BS and 5+ years -OR-
- MS and 3+ years of hands-on experience in the following areas:
- Building Microservices (e.g. in Golang, python, or Java)
- Containers (e.g. Docker/Rkt)
- Container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes/Marathon/Rancher/ECS)
- Monitoring (e.g. Prometheus, Grafana)
- Databases (e.g. MySQL, MemSQL, BigQuery)
- CI/CD Tooling (e.g. Jenkins/Travis/Bamboo)
- Automation Tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Leveraging cloud environments (e.g. AWS or GCP)
- Thrives on being on the critical path and able to work independently.
- Able to think critically to solve business challenges with technology, and can clearly explain and document technical advantages of solution.
- Prioritizes code simplicity/maintainability.
- Comfortable working within a diverse team including test engineers, data scientists. Willing to iterate with end users of system to adapt system requirements to changing needs.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience working in a research environment.
- Experience with statistics/data analytics to be able to provide data scientists organized data.
- Experience deploying and managing open source tools.
- Familiarity with task tracking tools such as JIRA.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 13, 2018, 8:24:20 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-UPPER MARLBORO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job