The Accountant Senior provides professional accounting services by preparing, analyzing and processing financial statements, budgets, customer invoices and monthly reports for assigned business area.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Applies knowledge of accounting principles to activities associated with maintaining ledger accounts and developing financial statements and reports.
- Updates and reviews monthly account reconciliations.
- Assists with internal and/or external audit requests as required.
- Ensures that the internal financial reporting requirements of the company are met.
- Ensures contract invoices are accurate and reconciled for monthly payment.
- Responsible for monthly close and adjusting journal entries.
- Responsible for the follow-up on accounts receivable.
- Point of contact for site and customer support for the financial management organization.
- Audits and prepares reports on the status of the contract.
- Reviews work prepared by others and provides constructive comments and/or suggestions to foster efficiencies and improvements for the department.
- Conducts studies and submit recommendations for improving the organization’s accounting processes.
- Serves as a consultant to implement accounting functions during phase-in of a new contract.
- Position may be assigned to a specific targeted business area and may require additional or specific job duties related to assigned function which are not aforementioned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of General Accepted Accounting principles (GAAP) required. Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Joint Travel Regulations (JTR), and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) a plus.
- Ability to perform data extraction and manipulation, analyze financial data, and generate reports.
- Ability to analyze variances to budgets/forecasts/accruals, explain to management, and create corrective action plan.
- Demonstrate proficiency in finance and accounting relational databases and Microsoft applications.
- Ability to work with numbers and complete assignments with attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels throughout the organization.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments, work with little supervision, and work well under pressure.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Four (4) to six (6) years of previous accounting experience. Prefer at least two (2) years in government contract accounting experience.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Normal office environment.
About DynCorp International
DynCorp International is a leading global services provider offering unique, tailored solutions for an ever-changing world. Built on over seven decades of experience as a trusted partner to commercial, government and military customers, DI provides sophisticated aviation, logistics, training, intelligence and operational solutions wherever we are needed. DynCorp International is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit our blogs Inside DI or DI at Work or follow DynCorp International on Twitter.