Entering ManTech?s 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a ?Top 100 Global Technology Company? by Thomson Reuters. We have earned this and many other accolades over the years for our dedication to serving the missions of our nation?s most important customers: U.S. Intelligence, Defense and Federal Civilian agencies. All know us as a trusted partner offering best-in-class solutions in cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering tailored to meet their specific requirements.
Become an integral part of a diverse team in the Mission, Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS) Group. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission oriented System Administrator (Servers), in the Herndon, Virginia area, with strong Customer relationships. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The MCIS IT Division provides mission solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customer?s success is driving our growth.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Functions as the Information Technology (IT) Desktop Support Technician for all local campus requirements to include Basic IT needs
- Desktop troubleshooting, desktop support, migration of IT equipment, telephony MACs, and asset management of all IT components
- Image, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair hardware
- Initiate preventive maintenance, analyze system faults, troubleshoot, and run diagnostic test on operating system and hardware to detect problems as well as be capable of repairing system/environment problems
- Utilize Cisco Unified Provisioning Manager (CUPM) for telephony moves, adds and changes.
- Server Administration Functions
- Knowledge of WSUS and deployment of security patches and updates
- Support network connectivity and troubleshooting
- Cabling closet cabling and troubleshooting
- Conduct performance monitoring and tuning
- Active Directory Systems Administration (Provisioning)
- Customer Support Functions
- Excellent customer service abilities
- Takes notes and focuses on the details of various requests
- Performs follow through on tasks and gains clarification where required
- Follow pre-established system policies and processes.
- Ability to identify and document areas of process improvement or enhancement.
- Good organizational and documentation skills
- 4+ years of customer service
- 3+ years supporting server infrastructure
- 2+ years desktop support experience
- Experience with Desktop, Desktop operating systems, and mobile and printing technologies.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server
- Experience with common Office Automation software and technology.
- Understanding of IP networking, firewalls, switching and routing.
- Experience with Audio Visual (AV) technologies and their operations
- Security + Certification
- Understanding of DoD and/or National Agency IA security policies, controls, and documentation
- Must possess personal vehicle as local travel to other facilities is likely and reimbursed
Desired Skills and Certifications:
- 1+ Years telecom closet cabling experience
- Microsoft Server OS experience a plus
- VMWare experience
- Certifications are a plus
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- HDI Certification
- Microsoft Server Certifications
- Cisco Certification
- Network +
- Printer repair experience
- Linux experience is a plus
Security Clearance Requirements: TS/SCI FS Poly